STATS

COLUMBIA, Mo. -- The 14th-ranked Iowa State wrestling team could not hold off the No. 18 Missouri Tigers as the Cyclones fell by a score of 23-11 at the Hearnes Center Sunday. The Cyclones fall to 9-9 in dual competition, while the Tigers? win sends them to 15-8.

?Once again I feel that we have two sets of guys on this team,? head coach Kevin Jackson said. ?We have a group that goes out there and gives it their all, and we have a group that just does not compete the way that they should.?

After quickly falling into a 6-0 hole, the Cyclones looked to redshirt junior Andrew Sorenson to get something going. Sorenson did not disappoint, earning a 7-3 victory over ninth-ranked Zach Toal at 165 pounds.

?That was a tough match for me because I keep giving up that early takedown,? Sorenson said. ?I really have to go 100 percent for the whole seven minutes and wrestle a complete match to be where I want to be.?

Jon Reader continued to dominate with a 16-0 technical fall over Dorian Henderson at 174 pounds. The Davison, Mich. native turned Henderson to his back four separate times before the match was ended only halfway through the third period. Reader is the top-ranked 174 pounder in the country and now sports a record of 31-0.

Jerome Ward earned three takedowns as he defeated 15th ranked Brent Haynes at 197pounds. The Evergreen Park, Ill. native was dominant throughout, racking up 2 1/2 minutes of riding time en route to an 8-3 victory.

?I want to point out that Kyle Slifka came out and put himself in a position to have a very close match against a FILA Junior World Champion and the third-rated guy in the country,? Jackson said.
?If everyone on our team gave that kind of effort then I would be extremely happy. I am glad that Kyle got the opportunity to really help out our team and put forth maximum effort.?

The Cyclones will wrestle their final dual of the 2010-11 season Sunday at 2 p.m. in Lincoln, Neb. against the Cornhuskers.

Results:
149: Kyle Bradley (MO) dec. Nate Carr Jr. (ISU), 6-2
157: Nick Gregoris (MO) dec. Trent Weatherman (ISU), 7-4
165: Andrew Sorenson (ISU) dec. Zach Toal (MO), 7-3
174: Jon Reader (ISU) tech. fall Dorian Henderson (MO), 16-0 (5:43)
184: Mike Larson (MO) dec. Cole Shafer (ISU), 4-3
197: Jerome Ward (ISU) dec. Brent Haynes (MO), 8-3
285: Dom Bradley (MO) dec. Kyle Slifka (ISU), 4-0
125: Alan Waters (MO) mdec. Brandon Jones (ISU), 19-8
133: Nathan McCormick (MO) mdec. Ben Cash (ISU), 10-2
141: Todd Schavrien (MO) dec. Chris Drouin (ISU), 3-1