For Heavyweight Billy Miller Commits To Edinboro University and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net

Perry’s Billy Miller has always looked up to his head coach, Dave Rowan. When it came time to decide where he wanted to compete in college, Miller knew exactly who to ask for advice.
The junior heavyweight will follow in his coach’s footsteps and attend Edinboro after defending his Division II state championship next season.

“Coach Rowan is one person I*know I can go to for advice,” Miller said. “He just said he wanted me to be happy. I went on an unofficial visit there earlier and liked*the area and the coaches, and it’s close to home. It’s a solid program. If I want to be an All-American, this is my best bet.”
Edinboro finished in 14th at the D-I national championships this season. The Fighting Scots were second in the Eastern Wrestling League, the same league as another school Miller considered, Cleveland State.
“I knew that CSU already had a heavyweight, and Edinboro’s is graduating when I get there,” Miller said. “Plus, I want to get into teaching and coaching, and that’s kind of the specialty there. It was a perfect fit.”
Miller finished third in the state as a sophomore before becoming Perry’s first champ this year. He beat Whitehall-Yearling’s Alex Farrow, 3-1, in the title bout to stop a streak of seven Perry runners-up without a title.
Including Miller, the Pirates had five wrestlers finish on the podium at the individual tournament, placing second as a team to perennial power St. Paris Graham. Perry was the only local team to reach the inaugural state team tournament.
After Columbus, Miller placed sixth at FloNationals in Pennsylvania, one of the toughest national high school tournaments.
For Full Article By Cory Schuett, News-Herald.com