For Brian (No. 2 @ 152) and Dylan Realbuto Come Up Short At Eastern State Tournament and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net

Brothers Brian Realbuto (No. 2 @ 152) and Dylan Realbuto of Somers both lost in championship matches at the 10th annual Eastern State wrestling tournament Saturday at Sullivan Community College in Loch Sheldrake.

Brian Realbuto entered as the favorite to repeat as a tournament champion, but the Cornell-bound senior and Section 1 leader in wins was unable to deliver a second straight title. He bowed in the finals of the 152 pound weight class in an 8-5 decision tot Dylan Palacio of Long Beach High School.

“I’m definitely disappointed,” Brian Realbuto said. “I think I was a much better wrestler than him. And if I prepare right the next time, I would be able to beat him. But I didn’t really wrestle that well. I didn’t feel well, and my conditioning wasn’t so good, and I wasn’t able to wrestle a full match because of it.

“But I needed to do something to overcome that sickness. And it’s not an excuse, it’s really my fault for not preparing right.”

His younger brother Dylan, a junior, also had a disappointing finish.

After claiming a title at 96 pounds last year, he made it into the finals this year wrestling at 113 pounds, but was unable to take home the title after being disqualified in the final seconds of his championship match.

“At the end of the match, I had a position locked up and I really don’t know what the ref thought had happened, but he gave it to him,” Dylan said of the late call. “After the buzzer went off, I thought I won and I was so confused.

For Article by Rob Cristino, lohud.com