For St. Edward wins Clash, 32-22 over Apple Valley – 2011 Clash Duals – Results & Brackets and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net
#3 St. Edward looked extremely impressive at this years Clash Duals, taking down #1 Apple Valley to walk away as 2011 Clash Champions.* St. Edward won the match 32-22, using experience and depth to defeat a young and talented Apple Valley.* St. Edward’s win sets up a great match @ Blair Academy on January 14th, with the winner having the upper hand to claim this years High School Wrestling National Champions.
Championship Bracket Results:
* Second Bracket Results
** Day 2 Brackets – Click Here** Detailed Brackets & Live Results
The Clash 10 Wrestling Tournament
This year’s Clash will be held:
Friday & Saturday, December 30th & 31st, 2011
Where: University Center Rochester Field House (Rochester Community College) located at 851 30th Ave SE, Rochester MN.
The Clash Tournament is a team dual format tournament held over two days. The first day consists of a qualification tournament which will determine which round robin pool teams are self-sorted into for the championship round-robin brackets.
During the first day Qualification Tournament on Friday, teams will be seeded and placed into one of four standard 8-team brackets. Two of these brackets will compete in a morning session consisting of matches at 9am, 11am, and 1pm. The other two brackets will compete at 4pm, 6pm, and 8pm. The three matches will determine each team’s placing in the second day’s round-robin championship brackets.
During the second day Championship Tournament, each of the 4 teams that win their qualifying tournament will be placed together in a round-robin Division 1 group to determine positions 1 through 4 in the tournament. The four runner-up teams from the qualification tournament will be placed together in the Division 2 group to determine positions 5-8 and so on. Groups 5-8 will wrestling Saturday morning while brackets 1-4 will wrestle Saturday afternoon. Therefore, a team that wins its first match on Friday will wrestle Saturday afternoon.
There will be four teams in each of these eight second-day pools. The winner of each of these pools will receive a beautiful championship trophey. The second-place team in each of the pools will receive a runner-up trophey. There are no awards for the third and fourth place teams, even in the top pool.
- ACGC upsets #13 Carl Sandburg in the 1st round, 34-29.
- Dein Heil wins by decision over Joey Dance, 3-1 OT, in the finals of Bracket A.
- #3 St. Edward wins Bracket A: 65-6 vs. Punahou, 58-0 vs. Jefferson,
51-10 vs. #12 Christiansburg
- #1 Apple Valley wins Bracket B:* 66-12 vs. Mitchell, 65-9 vs. Coon Rapids,
45-17 vs. #16 Cincy-Moeller
- Kevin Norstrem wins by decision over Ben Morgan, 3-1 OT, in the semi-finals of Bracket C.
- Clark Glass wins 3-0 over Nick Wanzek in finals of Bracket C.
- #4 Brandon wins Bracket C: 78-0 vs. Ironwood Ridge, 49-12 vs. Forest Lake,
42-27 vs. #9 Simley.
- Ryan Taylor wins thriller over Daniel Gaytan, 13-9 OT, in finals of Bracket D.
- #6 Clovis wins Bracket D: 59-12 vs. Anoka, 62-9 vs. Luxemburg, 37-36 vs. #7 St. Paris Graham.
(Day 2 Brackets – Click Here)
Detailed Brackets & Live Results
Participating Teams and Brackets:
The Clash X :* Resources
The Clash X* -* Brackets & Results
The Clash X* -* Schedule & Tickets
The Clash X* -* Open Mat Clash Website