For Austin Wilson (H.M. @ 160) Named Nebraska?s Guy Mytty Outstanding Wrestler and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net

Hastings St. Cecilia wrestler Austin Wilson (H.M. @ 160) can add a few honors to his list of high school accomplishments.

The Nebraska wrestling recruit is getting recognized at the Nebraska Scholastic Wrestling Coaches Association Hall of Fame Banquet and Awards Presentation at 5 p.m. Saturday at Grand Island Riverside Golf Club.

Wilson is being honored as the 2010-11 Guy Mytty Outstanding Wrestler for Class C and is also receiving the 2010-11 NSWCA Class C Senior Scholarship.

?It?s pretty awesome that I?m getting those awards,? Wilson said.

Wilson was a three-time state champion and a four-time district champion for the Bluehawks. He has three All-Class state records for all-time career wins (180), consecutive wins (144) and career near-falls (216).

But Wilson had some motivation during his career. His freshman year at the state tournament, he dropped a 9-6 decision to Sargent/Burwell?s Dakota Holt in the Class C, 119-pound semifinals.

?Part of me still wishes I would have won my freshman year so I could have been a four-time champ,? Wilson said. ?But that loss drove me a lot harder and push me farther. I think I?m the wrestler today because of that loss.?

St. Cecilia coach Ryan Brand, who will be an assistant coach at Logan View next season, said he has enjoyed coaching Wilson during the years.

?He?s one of those kids that every coach has once in a lifetime,? Brand said. ?I?ve been around him and he?s been coming up to the wrestling room ever since he was a first grader. He?s meant a lot to the program at St. Cecilia and to all the kids that?s been around him.?

For Complete Article by Marc Zavala, The Independent