For Andrew Campolattano (No. 1 @ 215) Signs Letter of Intent to Wrestle at Ohio State and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net

The suspense officially ended early Monday afternoon when Andrew Campolattano (No. 1 @ 215) walked into the Bound Brook High School library, sporting a scarlet, gray and white sweater vest ? the colors of the Ohio State Buckeyes.

After months of reflection and deciding college wrestling was in his better interest than football, New Jersey?s second four-time state champion and its all-time winningest wrestler has settled on Ohio State.

He chose the Buckeyes after seriously considering Virginia Tech and Nebraska.

?I chose Ohio State because they are going to give me the tools I need to reach every one of my goals as far as academics and wrestling goes,? said Campolattano, adding praise for Nebraska coach Mark Manning and Virginia Tech coach Kevin Dresser for their recruiting efforts and help. ?It?s great. It?s a great day to be a Buckeye.?

He then signed his National Letter of Intent with his mother Angela sitting next to him and high school principal Daniel Gallagher and coaches Martin Gleason, Bob Doerr and Kyle Franey standing behind him.

?It was a really, really tough decision ? all three of them are great schools,? Campolattano said. ?It had to be a good fit for me. All of my visits to Ohio State wentreally went well. The team and I have a great relationship and I have a great relationship with coach Tom Ryan.?

Ryan gets a wrestler who was 175-1 with 116 falls ? both state career marks. ?I think Andrew made a very mature decision,? Ryan said. ?It?s amazing to see what sways somebody. This young man chose the place ? I?m obviously biased ? the place that can develop him the most.?

For Complete Article by Harry Frezza, Asbury Park Press