For Johnni DiJulius (No. 8 @ 130) Named The Plain Dealer?s Wrestler of the Year and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net

Walsh Jesuit senior Johnni DiJulius (No. 8 @ 130) is a dreamer and an achiever.

?I don?t think it?s unrealistic, and maybe it is to the world, but I want to be an Olympic champion as many times as I can,? he said. DiJulius added that he didn?t become a three-time state champion by happenstance.

?I always say, ?Have the most unrealistic goals you can. Then, you?re never satisfied.? It pushes you beyond what you believe your limits actually are,? he said.

His goal this year was to be an undefeated state champ. The 130-pounder was 44-3, suffering close losses to highly regarded wrestlers from Pennsylvania, Virginia and North Carolina. DiJulius went on to win his third Division II state championship and is The Plain Dealer?s Wrestler of the Year.

Known for his many quirks, superstitions and rituals, DiJulius most of all is a perfectionist. He continues to watch tape of his three losses to decipher his mistakes.

At a school renowned for wrestling, DiJulius is the career victories leader (175-11), and has signed a national letter of intent with Ohio State. In addition to the three state titles, he was a runner-up as a freshman.

This season, he led Walsh to a state runner-up finish and a district championship. ?I?ll always remember my team,? he said. ?We?re so close, like brothers. Wrestlers are my favorite type of people.?

For Complete Article by Tim Warsinskey, Plain Dealer Reporter