For Roger Wildmo (No. 4 @ 152) Named Flint Journal?s Wrestler of the Year and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net

Flint-area Wrestler of the Year Roger Wildmo (No. 4 @ 152) was determined to dominate this season.

The Durand senior?s mission was to do plenty of sweating in practice so he would hardly have to break a sweat in matches. And that?s exactly what happened as he was rarely tested in finishing unbeaten for the second straight year.

Wildmo went 59-0 with 47 pins, concluding his career with a third Division 3 state championship. The 152-pounder is the first area wrestler to finish as an unbeaten state champion in consecutive seasons since Davison?s Brent Metcalf in 2004 and 2005.

?I worked very hard in practice to be sure I was completely ready for every match and never anybody lightly no matter what,? Wildmo said. ?My goal was to make myself exhausted by the end of practice.?

While Wildmo might have been spent when practice concluded, it was his opponents who were feeling that way when matches ended. Only 12 of 59 went the distance with the MIchigan State signee and only one of those ? Lowell?s Andrew Morse (H.M. @ 145) ? kept the final score within five points.

Morse, a Division 2 state champion and the state?s top-ranked 145-pounder, took a 2-0 lead in the first 30 seconds against Wildmo at the New Lothrop Invitational, but mounted little offense as Wildmo rallied for a 6-2 win.

For Complete Article by Mark Spezia, Flint Journal