For No. 15 Waverly-Shell Rock?s Head Coach Rick Caldwell Steps Down and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net

From sun-up to sun-down the life of a wrestler is a grind.

From his time as a prep standout at Knoxville high school to his all-American career at Buena Vista right up to Feb. 19 when he lead (No. 15) Waverly-Shell Rock to its fourth consecutive Class 3A state championship Rick Caldwell lived the wrestlers? lifestyle.

Monday, Caldwell decided it was time for a more normal schedule when he turned in his resignation as the Go-Hawks? head coach after 12 seasons.

?It was a terribly difficult decision,? Caldwell said. ?I?m absolutely going to miss it. It is a part of me. I?m still extremely passionate and have a ton of drive for the sport. I?m going to miss the kids and miss the connection with the kids.

?There are so many things I?m going to miss, but so many things I?m going to gain.?

Part of, but not the overall reason for stepping aside was a desire to follow his three children, including son, Cody (No. 13 @ 152), a three-time state champion under his dad who has signed with Wisconsin.

In addition, his eldest daughter Kinsey, who will be a senior next fall, is fielding several Division I offers to play volleyball and his youngest, Abby, is also beginning to attract college-recruiting overtures.

For Complete Article by Jim Nelson, WCF Courier