For C.J. Cobb (No. 13 @ 145) Named Times Wrestler of the Year and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net

Over an hour had passed since the Tri-County Conference Wrestling Tournament ended at Williamstown High School in January.

All the competitors and coaches had left the gym except for Brave senior C.J. Cobb (No. 13 @ 145), who had been named Most Outstanding Wrestler for dominating the 152-pound weight class ? one class up from his normal weight.

Cobb was putting a young wrestler, more than half his age, through a workout on the mats.

?The younger you start wrestling, the better you can become,? said Cobb, who coaches wrestlers in Monroe?s midget program.* ?It?s a wonderful sport and I love what it does for me. It helps you grow as a person, and I?d like to help somebody else. I?m just as happy helping them as becoming the best wrestler I can be. I?m just one person, but as a coach I can have 10 state champions.?

The Most Outstanding Wrestler award at the Tri-County Tournament was one of an improbable four earned by Cobb this season. He was also named MOW at the Egg Harbor Tournament, District 30 and Region 8.

For a season in which he earned the four MOW honors, placed third at the prestigious Beast of the East, won his fourth district and second region title and placed fifth in the state, Cobb has been named Gloucester County Times Wrestler of the Year.

For Complete Article by Bill Evans