For Nick Tavanello (No. 8 @ 215) Named Gazette MVP for Wrestling and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net

Everybody?s been there. Your hair is standing on end, you can hardly breathe and it feels like you have just swallowed a bullfrog.

If Nick Tavanello (No. 8 @ 215) could break ground, he?d build a house in pressure situations like that.

While most would rather sit in the shadows, the Wadsworth junior and 2011 Gazette MVP for wrestling embraces the heaviness.

?I?m a competitor,? Tavanello said. ?Without that stress, what?s the point? I have to feed that competitiveness. My excitement comes in nervousness. I try to turn it into positive energy.?

Tavanello must have been real nervous this season, because the positives that came out of his junior year were immeasurable.

Try a state championship for the second year in a row at 215 pounds after beating St. Edward?s Ty Walz (No.15 @ 215) 5-2 in the finals. Try just one loss all season ? by a single point ? and a Medina County-leading 29 pins.

For Complete Article by Brad Bournival, Medina Gazette