For No. 5 St. Paris Graham?s Seniors Have Something to Prove and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net

What?s worse than having to wrestle a battle-hardened Graham wrestler at the state tournament?

Having to wrestle one who has a chip on his shoulder.

That scorned group includes all four of the 10-time defending state champion St. Paris Graham (No. 5)* seniors. When wrestling?s annual big show gets underway this afternoon at 3 p.m at Ohio State University?s Schottenstein Center, Graham?s Nick Brascetta (No. 8 @ 140), Matt Stephens (No. 8 @ 152), Kyle Ryan and Mark Meyer will all have something to prove.

Brascetta and Ryan both came up just short of defending state titles they won as sophomores in 2010, while Stephens once again narrowly missed out on his first state crown, finishing third after being fourth and second his other two tries. And Meyer? Well, he just wants to prove he belongs after being a state alternate last season.

?Nick and Matt have been my captains the last two years,? said Graham coach Jeff Jordan. ?They?ve had brilliant careers at Graham, and so has Matt, and there?s nothing I?d like better than to see them get those titles.

?It?s unfinished business,? he continued. ?You know the saying: It?s better to never have had a million dollars than to have had a million and then lose it. I think that?s how Nick and Kyle feel. But Matt may be the most hungry of all of them because he?s never won one.?

For Complete Article by Kermit Rowe, Springfield News-Sun