For Zac Brunson (No. 10 @ 160) and His Churchill Teammates Hoping for Gold and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net

Churchill won the last three wrestling tournaments it has entered, and now the Lancers can imagine making it four straight.

?Anything?s possible,? senior Trevor Davis said. ?As long as you work hard, anything?s possible.?

So how about a state championship this weekend for the Lancers?

?That?s been our goal for the past three years and I think this year we can actually accomplish it,? junior Zac Brunson (No.10 @ 160)* said. ?We performed extremely well and lived up to our expectations at districts and I think we?ll do the same at state.?

Churchill won its regional tournament 10 days ago and had six champions while qualifying 13 wrestlers for state, school records in both categories, according to coach Scott Kearney.

The future looks good, too, because only two of the state qualifiers and one of the district champions is a senior, so almost all the Lancers return next year. That includes Brunson, who won the 135-pound state title as a freshman and the 145 crown last year. This year he?s up to 160 and his only loss came against an opponent from Oklahoma during a tournament in Reno, Nev.

?I did a lot in the summer to get bigger, and obviously I?ve matured,? said Brunson, who will try to join the late Kenny Cox (1995-97) as the only three-time state champions in school history this weekend. ?I had a few holes in my game I fine-tuned this year to become the best wrestler I can.?

For Complete Article by Steve Mims, The Register-Guard