1. 14 teams in the league. 15 wrestlers per team. You'll start 11 wrestlers per week, one guy at each weight from 125-285 and then a "flex" guy from any weight you choose who will be eligible to score points at whatever weight he wrestles.
As of right now returning owners will have the opportunity to keep one of their guys from last year. If they do this they'll basically sacrifice their first round pick as well as draft position. In the first round, all the non-keepers will pick. Then I'll distribute the kept guys to those who are keeping. Then I'll have the non-keepers pick again, only then will the keepers get to pick.
If that makes some semblance of sense.
2. There isn't going to be head to head during the regular season. The standings will go strictly by total points scored.
The regular season will run up through Conferences. After Conferences the 4 highest scoring teams will advance to the finals during NCAA's, and we're also going to take two wild cards this year.
These wild cards will be the two highest scoring teams during Conference week that wouldn't already be going to the next round anyway. Come NCAA's I'll wipe the scores clean and it'll be a 6 way scramble for the championship.
3. 3 points for a decision, 4 for a major, 5 for a tech, and 6 for a pin. This season we'll be doing away with the bonus for beating a #1 guy as it was too hard to keep track of.
4. All team dual meets will count as scoring events, as will the main event of the All Star meet. The Kauffman Brand, Vegas, Reno, Midlands, and Scuffle tournaments will return this year as scoring events.
This year we'll be adding the Penn State Open, the Michigan State Open, the Body Bar Invitational, the PSAC's, the NC State Open, the Navy Classic, and Best of the West tournaments.
5. As a method of dealing with the "third place guy scores more than the champ" problem that we had with some tournaments last year, for the five returning tournaments the 1st, and 2nd place finishers will get 10 and 5 bonus points respectively.
6. Speaking of bonus points, during conference week you'll get 16 bonus points for a conference champion, and 12 for a runner up. During NCAA's your wrestler's placement points will count as bonus.
7. Trades are permitted pending my approval (I don't think I said no to any last year), free agency however isn't. To deal with the problem we faced last year, you'll be able to replace one of your starters with his "back up" if and only if that back up isn't already on someone else's team.
The Supplemental draft we had last year will return as well. For those that don't know what that basically is is during the break in competition during the second and third week of December we'll have a three round optional draft where you can get rid of guys who are out for the year or just haven't performed. The team with the lowest score in the league will get the first pick in the supplemental.
8. We also may bring back some semblance of a money option. Only two people paid last year, so I'm still not positive that we'll definitely do this.
Everyone interested in the league, (except for Lost)both returnees and possible new people are more than welcome to tell me what they think of these as they sit right now.