Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 32

Thread: 2011/2012 Fantasy League Final Standings: Lost Wins

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default 2011/2012 Fantasy League Final Standings: Lost Wins

    Wrapping up another year here with Lost making his way back to the top of the figurative podium for the first time in several years off the strength of his two stud 141's, Ness, Honeycutt, and then a huge 40.5 point effort by David Taylor.

    He'll get a little more day light (not that it really matters) sometime this coming week when Taylor is officially awarded the Hodge.

    NCAA's
    1. Lost: 139.5
    2. R.Payton: 138
    3. Jensen: 113
    4. Dutch: 107
    5. Gofer: 88.5
    6. Wiltz: 84.5
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  2. #2

    Default Re: 2011/2012 Fantasy League Final Standings: Lost Wins

    Yikes, didn't see that coming. That was CLOSE! Well that's why we wrestle'em.

    I'll be back next year if JENSENS can stomach me another year.

    I thought we had to be in the continental US to win?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  3. #3

    Default Re: 2011/2012 Fantasy League Final Standings: Lost Wins

    Very close between lost and Russ. I'll be back next year as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

  4. #4
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: 2011/2012 Fantasy League Final Standings: Lost Wins

    I thought i had it won after the Simaz match(-actually had an 8.5 point lead) then remembered the OW/Gregarian awards . Had DT one just one of those I'd have won.But, he won both.
    This would be easier to swallow if they had WRESTLED them -yet these were gift points after the tournament.
    This is as good a time as any to retire . At least for a year or two.
    Last edited by r.payton@att.net; 03-18-2012 at 06:07 PM.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  5. #5

    Default Re: 2011/2012 Fantasy League Final Standings: Lost Wins

    Q
    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I thought i had it won after the Simaz match(-actually had an 8.5 point lead) then remembered the OW/Gregarian awards . Had DT one just one of those I'd have won.But, he won both.
    This would be easier to swallow if they had WRESTLED them -yet these were gift points after the tournament.
    This is as good a time as any to retire . At least for a year or two.
    Or until it's time to draft again this fall...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

  6. #6
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: 2011/2012 Fantasy League Final Standings: Lost Wins

    Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Q

    Or until it's time to draft again this fall...
    Nah, I'm through. To lose by award points (especially by a guy no one could draft as LoSt had DT as a keeper) is just too bitter a pill. I fought through surgery ,pneumonia, MRSA and Staph to lose on awards points awarded AFTER the wrestling was done ?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  7. #7

    Default Re: 2011/2012 Fantasy League Final Standings: Lost Wins

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Nah, I'm through. To lose by award points (especially by a guy no one could draft as LoSt had DT as a keeper) is just too bitter a pill. I fought through surgery ,pneumonia, MRSA and Staph to lose on awards points awarded AFTER the wrestling was done ?
    Its not like these Award Points were something I just decided on out of left field.

    They've been in the rules for several years now. You benefitted (or at least you would have had things been close) from those same award points last year when Jordan Burroughs won the Hodge.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  8. #8
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: 2011/2012 Fantasy League Final Standings: Lost Wins

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Its not like these Award Points were something I just decided on out of left field.

    They've been in the rules for several years now. You benefitted (or at least you would have had things been close) from those same award points last year when Jordan Burroughs won the Hodge.
    This is not about winning/losing . I do a LOT of behind the scenes stuff and i let some people down this year. the difference between Burroughs and Taylor is DT was NOT available in the draft thus allotting LoSt an automatic 5-15 points.
    I'll probably be MORE involved in Fantasy by not playing than playing .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: 2011/2012 Fantasy League Final Standings: Lost Wins

    I would have tied Jensen for third with 113. My best possible score would have been 125 if I had started Yates over Evans, which was obviously never really an option.

    Now I move on to deciding whether I want to keep Ian Miller or Jesse Delgado.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •