Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 34

Thread: Supplemental Draft Preparation

  1. #10
    Super Moderator Dart Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Brighton, MN
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: Supplemental Draft Preparation

    125: James Nicholson (ODU)
    133: Kyle Hutter (ODU)
    141: Mike Grey (Cornell)
    141: Ryan Williams (ODU)
    141: Frank Molinaro (Penn State)
    149: Max Shanaman (Missouri)
    149: Bryce Saddoris (Navy)
    157: J.P. O'Connor (Harvard)
    165: Nick Marable (Missouri)
    174: Mike Letts (Maryland) -- REDSHIRT
    184: John Barone (Duke)
    184: Dustin Kilgore (Kent State)
    197: Cayle Byers (George Mason)
    197: Jon Oplinger (Drexel)
    285: Kyle Massey (Wisconsin)

  2. #11

    Default Re: Supplemental Draft Preparation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Really, I was kidding with you, but honestly, Gillespie is your only high probablility title threat in my mind. Todd doesn't have the skillset to beat Varner. Fay? He took 5th last year, but lost 7-4 to Marable and got majored by Reader. He MAY make the semi's, but he is not a real title threat in my mind.
    Todd would be an underdog to varner but he would have a better chance then anyone else at the weight (although that might be moot now...)

    Two of my horses this year happen to be at weights with the most dominant wrestlers in college right now (149, 197) so you have to take that into account.

    Last year I had pucillo Davis and tannenbaum, and that was back when everyone was talking about Glenn, Varner, and Perry as being practically locks to win it all. I feel like overall I drafted a pretty strong team this year, although there are a couple of things I would have done differently
    Gold is an idiot.

  3. #12
    Olympic Champ ISU2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    3,305

    Default Re: Supplemental Draft Preparation

    125: Tyler Clark ISU
    125: Brad Pataky Penn State
    133: Conor Beebe CMU
    133: Steve Bell Maryland
    141: Chris Drouin ASU
    141: Zach Bailey Oklahoma
    149: Trevor Chinn Lehigh
    157: Jordan Burroughs Nebraska
    157: Dan Vallimont Penn State
    165: Trevor Stewart CMU
    174: Steve Anceravage Cornell
    184: Jake Herbert Northwestern
    184: Jerome Ward ISU
    197: Andrew Anderson UNI
    285: Rashard Goff Cleveland State
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

  4. #13

    Default Re: Supplemental Draft Preparation

    Team Bohica:
    125 Precin (Northwestern)
    125 Kjar (Utah Valley)
    133 Ness (Minnesota)
    141 Rader (UWV)
    141 McLemore (NIU)
    149 Grajales (Penn)
    149 Roberts (Boston U)
    157 Moley (Bloomsburg)
    165 Browne (ODU)
    174 Cannon (American)
    174 Erwin (Penn State)
    184 Craig (Lehigh)
    184 Litton (UWV)
    197 Askren (Missouri)
    Hwt Porter (Kent State)
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  5. #14

    Default Re: Supplemental Draft Preparation

    Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    Todd would be an underdog to varner but he would have a better chance then anyone else at the weight (although that might be moot now...)

    Two of my horses this year happen to be at weights with the most dominant wrestlers in college right now (149, 197) so you have to take that into account.

    Last year I had pucillo Davis and tannenbaum, and that was back when everyone was talking about Glenn, Varner, and Perry as being practically locks to win it all. I feel like overall I drafted a pretty strong team this year, although there are a couple of things I would have done differently
    BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, blah, bla, bla, blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, f'ing Blah.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  6. #15
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Supplemental Draft Preparation

    Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Team Bohica:
    125 Precin (Northwestern)
    125 Kjar (Utah Valley)
    133 Ness (Minnesota)
    141 Rader (UWV)
    141 McLemore (NIU)
    149 Grajales (Penn)
    149 Roberts (Boston U)
    157 Moley (Bloomsburg)
    165 Browne (ODU)
    174 Cannon (American)
    174 Erwin (Penn State)
    184 Craig (Lehigh)
    184 Litton (UWV)
    197 Askren (Missouri)
    Hwt Porter (Kent State)
    Looks like I was wrong. gofer managed to have no NCAA championship contenders.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #16

    Default Re: Supplemental Draft Preparation

    Yeah, not sure how that happened. I can tell you that holding Ness in the keeper hasn't paid off as he hasn't participated in many tournaments that have counted and is still feeling his way around the weight class. Askren doesn't wrestle enough matches and will possibly be the third best guy in his weight at conferences. I still like my Precin pick as he has a fighting chance at that weight. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

    When Rader gets back after Jan. 1st according to WVU website that will be a nice pick-up. I need some talent in the supplemental draft but that's going to be slimp pickings after the first round.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  8. #17

    Default Re: Supplemental Draft Preparation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Looks like I was wrong. gofer managed to have no NCAA championship contenders.

    BTW, up yours St. Pete hippy grass smoker.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  9. #18
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Supplemental Draft Preparation

    Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Yeah, not sure how that happened. I can tell you that holding Ness in the keeper hasn't paid off as he hasn't participated in many tournaments that have counted and is still feeling his way around the weight class. Askren doesn't wrestle enough matches and will possibly be the third best guy in his weight at conferences. I still like my Precin pick as he has a fighting chance at that weight. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

    When Rader gets back after Jan. 1st according to WVU website that will be a nice pick-up. I need some talent in the supplemental draft but that's going to be slimp pickings after the first round.
    We can't all be as loaded as my team. Unfortunately, like you, I'm saddled with David Craig. Hope he turns it around.

    If we were to have a dual, I would win at 141, 149, 165, 174, and HWT. You would win at 125, 157 (in a toss up, but I'll give it to you), and 197 with possible bonus. We would tie at 133 and 184, although personally I feel my version of Ness is superior to yours.

    Oh, and...

    BTW, up yours St. Pete hippy grass smoker.
    Get bent, elitist Tampa prick.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •