Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Gun for hire! Tyler Clark

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Gun for hire! Tyler Clark

    That's right folks, with Midlands coming up in a couple of weeks, Tyler Clark of Iowa should be a hot commodity. I had planned on using him on my team for the week of Midlands because he will be a top finisher, but AJ Schopp has really been holding his own for me at 133 (and will be at Midlands) and I could use the roster slot for someone else.

    Here are the top guys that will be at Midlands at 133:

    Tony Ramos (who Clark has beaten a few times) TOM's # 2
    BJ Futrell of Illinois TOM's # 4
    Devin Carter of Virginia Tech TOM's # 5
    AJ Schopp of Edinboro TOM's # 7

    Tyler Clark was 6th last year at Midlands winning 4 matches....he should do better this year, I'd guess 1st, 2nd, or 3rd (bonus fantasy points!)

    I will trade him to the first guy that posts a trade giving me two drop/adds for him.

    PLUS - I'll give you a guaranty, if he doesn't wrestle at Midlands I'll trade back the two drop/adds for him.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Gun for hire! Tyler Clark

    Who the heck would be dumb enough to do this? The whole reason he's pimping Clark out is he's trying to get some value out of a very silly add he already made.

    He's getting ready to drop him and is desperately trying to get a sucker to give him 2 add/drops on a failed risk. You could get comparable value by looking at midlands entrants and just picking someone up if you were THAT desperate. Mentioning 1st or 2nd place finish for clark is a joke imo, so don't be lured by the proposition of bonus points.

    Remember after midlands he goes back to having no value, then you will have to drop him and add someone else, meaning Tyler Clarks midlands performance will cost you 3 add/drops.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Gun for hire! Tyler Clark

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Who the heck would be dumb enough to do this? The whole reason he's pimping Clark out is he's trying to get some value out of a very silly add he already made.

    He's getting ready to drop him and is desperately trying to get a sucker to give him 2 add/drops on a failed risk. You could get comparable value by looking at midlands entrants and just picking someone up if you were THAT desperate. Mentioning 1st or 2nd place finish for clark is a joke imo, so don't be lured by the proposition of bonus points.

    Remember after midlands he goes back to having no value, then you will have to drop him and add someone else, meaning Tyler Clarks midlands performance will cost you 3 add/drops.
    Hahaha 3 add/drops? Why stop there Vais? He will actually cost your team 5 add/drops because a couple of the other fantasy wrestlers will be unhappy that you picked up a mercenary and will start sand bagging their performances, right?

    If someone was interested in bolstering their performance for Midlands at 133 they might pick up someone like Clark for the week. If he were available, that would cost them one add/drop. He is not available because he is on my roster. I offered to trade him for two drop/adds (It would cost them one to pick him up anyways, so it is just one additional one).

    And as far as him not being at the top of the heap when it is over.....who will be? Ramos destroyed Futrell....who is going to beat Ramos? Maybe Tyler Clark, just like he did at the Iowa wrestle offs a month ago.

    I like Clark and always have. Let's take a look at the list of guys that Clark has beaten: Tony Ramos, Levi Mele, NCAA AA Ben Kjar, NCAA Finalist Andrew Long, NCAA Champ Anthony Robles, Trent Sprinkle, NCAA Champ Angel Escobedo, NCAA AA Zach Sanders, and Obe Blanc.

    If no one takes me up on my offer, I'm not going to drop him, I'm going to keep him and start him at Midlands.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Gun for hire! Tyler Clark

    Then you'll drop him after midlands. Which means you will have used 2 add drops for 15 points. You will make someone else pay 2(upfront) then another when when they have to drop him because he is as valuable as a piece of coal after midlands.

    I know all about Tylers credentials and accomplishments, unfortunately for him, and fantasy owners that doesn't matter much. I don't know who would want to spend 3 add/drops just to "bolster their midlands performance."
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Gun for hire! Tyler Clark

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Then you'll drop him after midlands. Which means you will have used 2 add drops for 15 points. You will make someone else pay 2(upfront) then another when when they have to drop him because he is as valuable as a piece of coal after midlands.

    I know all about Tylers credentials and accomplishments, unfortunately for him, and fantasy owners that doesn't matter much. I don't know who would want to spend 3 add/drops just to "bolster their midlands performance."
    I guess I just didn't understand the rules that every time you pick up someone that it cost two drop/adds. So we really are only getting 5 drop/adds for the whole season? Next year we need to make it so that if you use a drop/add to pick someone up and then later drop him that you get an extra drop/add since when you pick someone up that you are going to drop later on it costs two drop/adds.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Gun for hire! Tyler Clark

    Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    I guess I just didn't understand the rules that every time you pick up someone that it cost two drop/adds. So we really are only getting 5 drop/adds for the whole season? Next year we need to make it so that if you use a drop/add to pick someone up and then later drop him that you get an extra drop/add since when you pick someone up that you are going to drop later on it costs two drop/adds.

    Jeez I'd have about 20 add drops left under that scenario.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  7. #7
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Gun for hire! Tyler Clark

    Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    I guess I just didn't understand the rules that every time you pick up someone that it cost two drop/adds. So we really are only getting 5 drop/adds for the whole season? Next year we need to make it so that if you use a drop/add to pick someone up and then later drop him that you get an extra drop/add since when you pick someone up that you are going to drop later on it costs two drop/adds.
    Buck, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here. If you can clarify your question, I can try to clarify the rules.

    Dropping someone doesn't cost you anything. Adding someone does.

    What vais is saying is that, after Midlands, Tyler Clark will be utterly worthless (unless Ramos gets injured). So whoever has him will, in all likelihood, drop him and add someone else. So if someone were to take you up on your offer, they would have to give you 2 add/drops now. Then after midlands they would have a worthless wrestler and use another add/drop to pick someone else and fill that spot.


  8. #8

    Default Re: Gun for hire! Tyler Clark

    You get ten.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •