Check out our Draft Big Board and Results Chart! Based on TheOpenMat.com's rankings, it should help everyone keep track of things better and raise the level of competition in the league. As we draft, I'll highlight the wrestlers that have been taken on the "Big Board" tab and update both of the "Results" tabs.
1) Starting Time. The draft will begin Wednesday, October 12, at 7 a.m. PACIFIC Time (10 a.m. eastern).
2) Time Limit. You have 3 hours from the time of the pick before you to make your pick. If not, the person after you is free to make their pick, and so on and so forth. You may make your missed pick at any time, but you are missing out on wrestlers.
Furthermore, official time limits will only apply between 10 am and 10 pm Eastern Time. If your pick is scheduled outside of those hours, you may make that pick, but no time limit will be enforced on the next league member until the official opening.
Ex: If KennesawState makes his pick at 8:30 pm, then gobigred is not required to make his pick at 11:30 pm, but by 12:30 pm (just after midday) on the next draft day. 1 1/2 hours from the night before WILL count on your time limit. However, gobigred is free to make his pick at any time, say at 1:30 in the morning. Then, hawkeyes2 may make his pick at any time before 10 am, or he has until 1:00 pm on the next day.
3) If you can't be at your computer and need to take the full 3 hours, fine. The intent of the 3 hour limit is for people who simply cannot get to the computer to make a good pick because they are at work, on the road, etc. HOWEVER, if you have been notified that it is your turn and are able to look at the computer, please try to make your pick within a half an hour. That should be more than enough computer time to make an educated decision. The intent of the 3 hour time allowance is to accommodate schedules, not to give you 3 hours to deliberate on each pick.
4) When it's your turn, you will receive a text message alerting you. This will help us keep the draft running smooth. If something about the draft days or phone system isn't going to work for you, let me know and we will try to accommodate you.
5) Keeper picks must be announced by Sunday, October 9, at 5 p.m. Pacific Time. If you do not declare a keeper by then, you will not keep any wrestlers.
Let me know if you have questions or think I'm missing something here. This is basically the same as it was last year.
Date & Time:
- Begins Wednesday, October 12, at 7 am PACIFIC (10 am Eastern)
- Will run from 7 am-7 pm PACIFIC every week day until the draft is over.
- Picks won't be timed on weekends, but we want to make as many picks on the weekend as we can.
The order will snake each round.