Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 83

Thread: 2011-2012 Rules

  1. #10

    Default Re: Rules 2011-2012: Draft

    So if a team sends guys to Midlands and scuffle and it's not on the schedule you wouldnt score it?

    Cornell sends guys every year to the binghampton open but it's not on their schedule. So that shouldn't be scored either? I would disagree with that.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  2. #11
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Rules 2011-2012: Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    So if a team sends guys to Midlands and scuffle and it's not on the schedule you wouldnt score it?
    Let's not be retarded...
    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Cornell sends guys every year to the binghampton open but it's not on their schedule. So that shouldn't be scored either? I would disagree with that.
    That has more to do with Cornell's Ivy league restrictions. Binghamton had the B.O. on their schedule.

    Let's not go draconian on the matter. Sounds idiotic. If you can't see the difference between wrestling DII & DIII schools & the All Academy & NY State Championships I don't know what else to say.

  3. #12

    Default Re: Rules 2011-2012: Draft

    I'm just using your words. If they're not what you meant then elaborate.

    You are saying we should go by what is on the schedule, I'm merely saying lots of guys show up to tournaments not on their schedule.

    All Academy and NYS are scrub tournies.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Rules 2011-2012: Draft

    Also, what is so wrong with the current scoring system we have in place?

    Other than the fact it will make bad players better because they wont even have to consider schedules.(or they could seek out guys who go to crappy tournaments) I see no positives.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  5. #14
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Rules 2011-2012: Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I'm just using your words. If they're not what you meant then elaborate.

    You are saying we should go by what is on the schedule, I'm merely saying lots of guys show up to tournaments not on their schedule.
    Tournaments of any value that are included on our leagues current list? I don't think so.

    All the teams that go to the KBO have it on their schedule. PSU goes to the W&J, MAt Town & the East Stroudsburg OPen but they are NOT on the schedule. They are also NOT scored.

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    All Academy and NYS are scrub tournies.
    And wrestling DII & DIII isn't? The All Academies is tougher I think then EMU or the Central Missouri Open. At least you have Navy, Army, Air Force & the Citadel competing against each other. It is much better competition then North Idaho or Iowa Central City or Wabash. I am amazed that you & Gold don't see that. You cant have it both ways.

  6. #15
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Rules 2011-2012: Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Also, what is so wrong with the current scoring system we have in place?

    Other than the fact it will make bad players better because they wont even have to consider schedules.(or they could seek out guys who go to crappy tournaments) I see no positives.
    Is it ok to reward having Kinser on your team who gets a couple easy falls against DIII competition or having McD wrestle a few DIII opponents & then have a guy like Von Ohlen or Vinson get a few bonus point wins over tougher DI competition get penalized? Your logic escapes me sorry.

  7. #16

    Default Re: Rules 2011-2012: Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Is it ok to reward having Kinser on your team who gets a couple easy falls against DIII competition or having McD wrestle a few DIII opponents & then have a guy like Von Ohlen or Vinson get a few bonus point wins over tougher DI competition get penalized? Your logic escapes me sorry.
    So would you be suggesting we look through results of these garbage tournaments and take all the d1 results? That sounds like quite a headache for GBR and Gold.

    I would be more in favor of losing the non d1 duals than adding more bad tournaments.

    Personally I think we should just keep it as is.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  8. #17
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Rules 2011-2012: Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    So would you be suggesting we look through results of these garbage tournaments and take all the d1 results? That sounds like quite a headache for GBR and Gold.

    I would be more in favor of losing the non d1 duals than adding more bad tournaments.

    Personally I think we should just keep it as is.
    NY State 6 out of 19 DI teams
    Navy Classic 7 DI teams Navy wins it with 7 champs
    KBO per weight 6-8 DI wrestlers
    EMO less then that
    All Academy 5 Teams DI
    Keystone Classic 12 DI teams but Penn wins it with 5 champs

    Guess these are all garbage then...

    How tough can a "tournament" be if Navy & Penn are wining when teams like American & Northwestern are sending "teams" but they are actually just back ups?

    If Navy wrestled Army instead of the All Academies or Binghamton wrestled Hofstra instead of the NYSC then those points would count. But since they are in a garbage tourney they don't. Meanwhile Thorn pins his way in the KBO to that title or Kellen Russell romps to a title in the EMO & faces no one.

    Those early tournaments are OPEN so they are filled with 2nd teamers to beat. The 2 I mentioned are NOT OPEN so the teams sent are usually 1st string. If anything, if you only count the DI competition it ends up being worth 2 dual meets which most teams do that time of year.

  9. #18

    Default Re: Rules 2011-2012: Draft

    So you would want every match of those tournaments to be scored?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •