Page 51 of 105 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 459 of 944

Thread: The DRAFT 2009-2010

  1. #451
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default re: The DRAFT 2009-2010

    I'll take Dan Vallimont.


  2. #452
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default re: The DRAFT 2009-2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I regretted Fanthorpe last year because like most Cyclones he severly underperformed.

    He beat Steve Bell of Maryland 8-4 & Joe Slaton of Iowa, 12-2. I think those are very good wins & not underperforming but I understand your viewpoint.

  3. #453
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default re: The DRAFT 2009-2010

    I texted accboy to tell him he's up. I'm going to go eat. Someone can text me when accboy picks and I will notify kr1963


  4. #454
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default re: The DRAFT 2009-2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I'll take Dan Vallimont.
    That's 2 of mine in a row you snagged....

    I think he is another undervalued wrestler. I thought he would better last year but moving up a weight hurt him.

  5. #455

    Default re: The DRAFT 2009-2010

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    He beat Steve Bell of Maryland 8-4 & Joe Slaton of Iowa, 12-2. I think those are very good wins & not underperforming but I understand your viewpoint.

    When I drafted him I thought he was going to be top three. At that time I felt he would be better than guys like Grey, Hochstrasser and Strayer. All of whom he lost to.

    I feel he should have beaten Steve Bell so no big suprise there. But I don't think that you should give Nick too much credit for his win against Slaton. That was Slatons first match back and he was very sucked in. Slaton came out like gang busters for the first thirty seconds and took Fanny down right away. After that Joe gassed and could barely move himself. It was a huge mistake by Brands to put him out there. Dennis had been the man but was still an unknown at that time. Tom wanted to give Joe his chance and it backfired big time. Slaton had no business being on the mat that night.

    I just thought that Fanthorpe was going to have a big year and he didnt.

  6. #456

    Default re: The DRAFT 2009-2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post

    I just thought that Fanthorpe was going to have a big year and he didnt.
    Getting injured and missing a month in the middle of the season may have contributed to the lack of a "big year" I think.

    He was well on his way over the first half of the year before he got hurt.

  7. #457

    Default re: The DRAFT 2009-2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    When I drafted him I thought he was going to be top three. At that time I felt he would be better than guys like Grey, Hochstrasser and Strayer. All of whom he lost to.

    I feel he should have beaten Steve Bell so no big suprise there.

    Bell beat Dan Dennis. Other than that, I can't remember any other wins for him over top guys.

  8. #458

    Default re: The DRAFT 2009-2010

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Getting injured and missing a month in the middle of the season may have contributed to the lack of a "big year" I think.

    He was well on his way over the first half of the year before he got hurt.

    That's why I regretted drafting him. When he came back he wasnt the same wrestler that he was at the beginning of the year.

  9. #459
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default re: The DRAFT 2009-2010

    Sanderson?
    Scott?
    Valimont?

    Gold, whats someone from Columbus doing snagging all those guys?

    Btw big Coen brothers fan myself too.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •