Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 101

Thread: Adam Frey has beaten cancer!

  1. #19
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Re: Adam Frey Website

    Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Yep. Spider made it for me.
    Now I know where kids with tats on their teeth have been.

  2. #20

    Default Re: Adam Frey Website

    Get him to Pittsburgh asap. Ithaca is not where he needs to be for medical treatment.

  3. #21

    Default Re: Adam Frey Website

    Quote Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
    Get him to Pittsburgh asap. Ithaca is not where he needs to be for medical treatment.
    Adam got back home to Pittsburgh about an hour and a half ago and updated his blog:

    www.adamfrey.us

    Hatchet, I read your other post about getting a lawyer to help set up a fund. Have you done this before? Any advice or input would be helpful. I'd like to help Adam as much as possible so he can just focus on getting better and not have to do this kind of stuff but I'm not sure what is the best way to start with this one.

    Do we have any lawyers on this board who might be able to give me some advice on setting up and official fund? That might help with the eligibility stuff too since the money would be going to a fund and not to Adam directly. Please email me directly with any words of wisdom. hobeika@post.harvard.edu or dhobeika@gmail.com

  4. #22

    Default Re: Adam Frey Website

    I will find out what is required. Probably better done by someone who knows the Freys. Will let you know when I hear back.

  5. #23

    Default Re: Adam Frey Website

    I would assume caveman.lawyer is a lawyer but I could be wrong.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  6. #24

    Default Re: Adam Frey Website

    ok. spoke with an attorney. He needs to setup a trust. There are multiple options but the fastest method is to setup a family trust. The donations have to be used towards medical related costs. In this setup, the donations can be tax deducted. There are a couple of options but the fastest involves Adam and his family filling out some short paper work to generate a fund ID.

    I will get the form name and ID shortly and pass it along. If Adam has no legal recourse or someone in Pittsburgh to coordinate this I could step in and help. However, I think this should be done by Adam and his family and not by someone he does not know.

    I am guessing the legal costs would not be huge and if manageable, I'd be glad to make that my donation to thr fund once built

  7. #25

    Default Re: Adam Frey Website

    Quote Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
    ok. spoke with an attorney. He needs to setup a trust. There are multiple options but the fastest method is to setup a family trust. The donations have to be used towards medical related costs. In this setup, the donations can be tax deducted. There are a couple of options but the fastest involves Adam and his family filling out some short paper work to generate a fund ID.

    I will get the form name and ID shortly and pass it along. If Adam has no legal recourse or someone in Pittsburgh to coordinate this I could step in and help. However, I think this should be done by Adam and his family and not by someone he does not know.

    I am guessing the legal costs would not be huge and if manageable, I'd be glad to make that my donation to thr fund once built
    Thanks a billion for looking into this. I will forward the info to Adam and see how they want to proceed.

    Could you email me at my email address in the post above to I have your contact info and may contact you directly with questions and what not? Thanks!

  8. #26

    Default Re: Adam Frey Website

    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    Thanks a billion for looking into this. I will forward the info to Adam and see how they want to proceed.

    Could you email me at my email address in the post above to I have your contact info and may contact you directly with questions and what not? Thanks!
    Danielle,

    These people (PledgeDirect) helped with a fund for a wrestling coach friend who died leaving behind three kids and a pregnant wife (sadly, one year anniversary of that is in two days).

    They are good people:

    http://www.pledgeconnect.com/

    I worked with Craig Wilding <craig.wilding@infintechllc.com>. They work with the bank that the fund is set up with. This was in NY, mind you, so not sure about PA.

    It was the Jon Vesper fund, if you want to drop my name.

    Tony

    PS: Fund is closed (raised enough to pay off the mortgage!), but here's the link, you can customize their pages a bit:

    https://secure.pledgeconnect.com/don...aspx?jonvesper

  9. #27

    Default Re: Adam Frey Website

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Rotundo View Post
    Danielle,

    These people (PledgeDirect) helped with a fund for a wrestling coach friend who died leaving behind three kids and a pregnant wife (sadly, one year anniversary of that is in two days).

    They are good people:

    http://www.pledgeconnect.com/

    I worked with Craig Wilding <craig.wilding@infintechllc.com>. They work with the bank that the fund is set up with. This was in NY, mind you, so not sure about PA.

    It was the Jon Vesper fund, if you want to drop my name.

    Tony

    PS: Fund is closed (raised enough to pay off the mortgage!), but here's the link, you can customize their pages a bit:

    https://secure.pledgeconnect.com/don...aspx?jonvesper
    </craig.wilding@infintechllc.com>craig.wilding@infin techllc.com
    <craig.wilding@infintechllc.com>
    </craig.wilding@infintechllc.com>

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •