Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 51

Thread: Number 1 contender?

  1. #10

    Default Re: Number 1 contender?

    Big Red Top 5...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  2. #11
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Re: Number 1 contender?

    Iowa State has a long history of underachieving.

    That's a bit of an unfair tag. 2 years ago ISU came from no where to take 2nd and made it go down to the last bout in the finals before giving up 1st place.

  3. #12

    Default Re: Number 1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    Iowa State has a long history of underachieving.

    That's a bit of an unfair tag. 2 years ago ISU came from no where to take 2nd and made it go down to the last bout in the finals before giving up 1st place.

    The Bobby Douglas years were many years drenched in underachievment. Cael has had one good year and then didnt improve on it last season. They were leapfrogged by Iowa, Ohio State and Penn State.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Number 1 contender?

    I have to agree with both Cornell and Iowa State. I also wouldn't discount my Tigers, since all three AAs are returning, some stellar recruits (Dom Bradley) are coming off redshirt, and Tony Pescaglia will return from injury.

  5. #14

    Default Re: Number 1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    The Bobby Douglas years were many years drenched in underachievment. Cael has had one good year and then didnt improve on it last season. They were leapfrogged by Iowa, Ohio State and Penn State.
    Cael had 7 AA's last year you doofus, lack of bonus points, and key losses here and there dropped them a little in the final standings, but 7 AA's still makes an exceptional year.

  6. #15

    Default Re: Number 1 contender?

    Agreed. Iowa, ISU, tOSU, Cornell, Mizzou. Nebraska, Minny, and OSU could easily break top 5. The top 10 will be a dogfight, just like this year, and whoever is firing on all cylinders will win it.

  7. #16
    Olympic Champ ISU2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    3,305

    Default Re: Number 1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Cael had 7 AA's last year you doofus, lack of bonus points, and key losses here and there dropped them a little in the final standings, but 7 AA's still makes an exceptional year.
    Now Jensen, leave me something to say.

    Two of the three huge point scorers from 2007 graduated, and the other one mad the finals again. ISU was one single match, no six seconds, away from getting second place. Not to mention a second Big 12 title in as many years.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

  8. #17

    Default Re: Number 1 contender?

    ohio state j jaggers m pucillo lance palmer r humpfreey s nemec cody gardner dave rella
    thats nasty

  9. #18
    Round of 12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    485

    Default Re: Number 1 contender?

    I'd have to go with Iowa State and the Buckeyes. No doubt the Hawks are loaded but they will also lose Perry and he annually accounted for big points.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •