Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 28 to 35 of 35

Thread: Sanderson?s departure ups the ante for everyone

  1. #28
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Re: Sanderson?s departure ups the ante for everyone

    "I was thinking too what RYou said. All those NJ schools (Rutgers, Seton, Rider) are real close to Eastern Pennsylvania."

    Seton Hall dropped wrestling about 5 years ago. Rider, Rutgers and Princeton are the only Div I's left.

    DIII's included College of NJ, NJ Institute of Technology and Stevens Institute.

    Kean College of New Jersey, Monmouth College, Rowan University,
    Montclair State University, Rutgers University-Camden dropped programs over the past ten years.

    Middlesex County College is our lone NJCAA program
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  2. #29
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,962

    Default Re: Sanderson?s departure ups the ante for everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Takedown Radio View Post
    Watch out for Coach Stutzman and Bloomsburg. they are waiting and getting better. they challenged last year and keep getting better. The battle they had with Pitt for the last several years has been great athletic theatre. At some point it does become about winning and losing but along the way must we forget the journey? If every one of the schools at Div 1 had equal resources would we be even talking about this? Clarion has had some sparks of greatness. Coach Bob Bubb who continues to lead the NCAA in many capacities, Wade, need i say more, Kurt Angle for goodness sake. Say it with me "Gold Medal". Coach Moore is doing more with less than the average. I'm just saying we can continue to pick apart every program, every wrestler, every coach? Yet we must, for humanities sake stop and give some credit, for at the end of the day the real measure of the man is in the effort he put forth as well as the end result.
    I am not putting Clarion's whole history down. Clarion wrestling fans will surely acknowledge that their program is currently going through hard times.

  3. #30
    World Champ
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: Sanderson?s departure ups the ante for everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Takedown Radio View Post
    Watch out for Coach Stutzman and Bloomsburg. they are waiting and getting better. they challenged last year and keep getting better. The battle they had with Pitt for the last several years has been great athletic theatre. At some point it does become about winning and losing but along the way must we forget the journey? If every one of the schools at Div 1 had equal resources would we be even talking about this? Clarion has had some sparks of greatness. Coach Bob Bubb who continues to lead the NCAA in many capacities, Wade, need i say more, Kurt Angle for goodness sake. Say it with me "Gold Medal". Coach Moore is doing more with less than the average. I'm just saying we can continue to pick apart every program, every wrestler, every coach? Yet we must, for humanities sake stop and give some credit, for at the end of the day the real measure of the man is in the effort he put forth as well as the end result.
    Scott, that's a big perspective we need from you, Thanks and God Bless.
    In the final analysis, individual titles are won with ability, hard work, and coaching. All the ability in the world won't make it without the other two. Pennsylvania is too big and has too much talent to confine those attributes to just one school. Not everyone with talent fits at one school either. We can play recruiting chess all we want, but they'll wrestle'em to decide who wins.
    I biggest hope is that ISU gets a new coach that they can appreciate as much as Penn State appreciates Cael Sanderson.
    Game ON.

  4. #31

    Default Re: Sanderson?s departure ups the ante for everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by grapplefan View Post
    Scott, that's a big perspective we need from you, Thanks and God Bless.
    In the final analysis, individual titles are won with ability, hard work, and coaching. All the ability in the world won't make it without the other two. Pennsylvania is too big and has too much talent to confine those attributes to just one school. Not everyone with talent fits at one school either. We can play recruiting chess all we want, but they'll wrestle'em to decide who wins.
    I biggest hope is that ISU gets a new coach that they can appreciate as much as Penn State appreciates Cael Sanderson.
    Game ON.
    Game on Indeed. Thanks Grapple Fan!

  5. #32

    Default Re: Sanderson?s departure ups the ante for everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by mmiille View Post
    So you're saying that none of these schools in the area don't have airports close by? Don't airports have airplanes that fly anywhere? It's all about where you want to compete. PSU has a coach with a name, it will probably help, but ISU has the tradition. We will see who does better. But I guess you know who I like. The sky is blue, water is wet, hawks suck, and life goes on.
    And lots of kids want to compete in state, and in state in PA includes PSU.

    Not every kid(in fact very few kids) have the resources to fly around the country a few times a year, not sure about the country you're in, but the economy is not exactly in great shape. PA is truly a microchasm of what is going on in our country
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  6. #33

    Default Re: Sanderson?s departure ups the ante for everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    And lots of kids want to compete in state, and in state in PA includes PSU.

    Not every kid(in fact very few kids) have the resources to fly around the country a few times a year, not sure about the country you're in, but the economy is not exactly in great shape. PA is truly a microchasm of what is going on in our country

    A kid who is getting his college paid for can afford a plane ticket or two. And most of the kids who go D1 have parents who have already spent thousands on going to Fargo, summer camps, and other off season tourneys. So I don't buy that comment. Cael will get local kids I'm sure, and PSU will benefit from it. I still think the blue chippers will go where they want.

    And for what it's worth, I'm in the part of the country where people work for their money, buy a house they can afford, sent their kids where they wanted to go to college, and don't need a bailout.
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. A straw man argument can be a successful rhetorical technique (that is, it may succeed in persuading people) but it carries little or no real evidential weight, because the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted.

  7. #34

    Default Re: Sanderson?s departure ups the ante for everyone

    mmiille wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by mmiille View Post
    And for what it's worth, I'm in the part of the country where people work for their money, buy a house they can afford, sent their kids where they wanted to go to college, and don't need a bailout.
    Not to get into a long political discussion, but most people everywhere work for their money. Most people everywhere buy houses they believe, at the time, they can afford. The State Foreclosure Prevention Working Group, which is concerned with the spike nationwide in foreclosures, is composed of state attorneys general and state banking agencies, and is led by Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller. The states with the ten highest foreclosure rates for the past 18 months are:
    Nevada - 8.6 percent
    Florida - 8 percent
    Michigan - 7.1 percent
    California - 6.7 percent
    Ohio - 6.7 percent
    Indiana - 6.7 percent
    Rhode Island - 6 percent
    Arizona - 5.6 percent
    Georgia - 5.2 percent
    Mississippi - 5.2 percent
    Are these the non-working, spendthrift locales you were referring to?
    The efficacy of the bailout, that's for another time and place.

  8. #35

    Default Re: Sanderson?s departure ups the ante for everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by nyline View Post
    mmiille wrote:

    Not to get into a long political discussion, but most people everywhere work for their money. Most people everywhere buy houses they believe, at the time, they can afford. The State Foreclosure Prevention Working Group, which is concerned with the spike nationwide in foreclosures, is composed of state attorneys general and state banking agencies, and is led by Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller. The states with the ten highest foreclosure rates for the past 18 months are:
    Nevada - 8.6 percent
    Florida - 8 percent
    Michigan - 7.1 percent
    California - 6.7 percent
    Ohio - 6.7 percent
    Indiana - 6.7 percent
    Rhode Island - 6 percent
    Arizona - 5.6 percent
    Georgia - 5.2 percent
    Mississippi - 5.2 percent
    Are these the non-working, spendthrift locales you were referring to?
    The efficacy of the bailout, that's for another time and place.

    Yes. Thanks.
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. A straw man argument can be a successful rhetorical technique (that is, it may succeed in persuading people) but it carries little or no real evidential weight, because the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •