Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 17

Thread: Hawkeye Nation

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Hawkeye Nation

    Anybody else subscribe to this? Mine came today, it has a great "photo of the month" pull-out mini poster and other cool photos, along with a full page on each All-American.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

    "Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

  2. #2

    Default Re: Hawkeye Nation

    Is this "center-fold" thing going to turn into another Schwab/Zadick man-crush thing again?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  3. #3

    Default Re: Hawkeye Nation

    I subscribe and have already framed the center spread with Gable, Metcalf and Perry. Here's a link to the appropriate group of photos. Scroll through until you find the one I describe. There's a very strong feeling of "passing the torch".

    http://iowa.scout.com/2/739922.html

    BTW - Here's a personal opinion - I think HawkeyeNation is one of the best wrestling fan boards online.
    Last edited by gg121and2; 04-14-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: typos

  4. #4

    Default Re: Hawkeye Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by gg121and2 View Post
    I subscribe and have already framed the center spread with Gable, Metcalf and Perry. Here's a link to the appropriate group of photos. Scroll through until you find the one I describe. There's a very strong feeling of "passing the torch".

    http://iowa.scout.com/2/739922.html

    BTW - Here's a personal opinion - I think HawkeyeNation is one of the best wrestling fan boards online.

    If your a Hawk fan. Nobody else can stand the arrogance.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Hawkeye Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by shopping View Post
    If your a Hawk fan. Nobody else can stand the arrogance.
    in gg's defense, most publication's like this assume you are
    a fan to begin with. the arrogance is just a bonus.

    hell, if I'm Iowa, I am proclaiming to everyone that we are back. its great recruiting and the state is starved for it...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  6. #6
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Re: Hawkeye Nation

    Where can it be ordered ? I need a new cover for my dartboard.

  7. #7
    World Champ
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: Hawkeye Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by shopping View Post
    If your a Hawk fan. Nobody else can stand the arrogance.
    It's no different from any other college team site, and a lot more civilized than many other Hawkeye (or other team) sites. I agree with GG. HawkeyeNation is one of the best sites.
    Last edited by grapplefan; 04-15-2008 at 02:53 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Hawkeye Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by shopping View Post
    If you're a Hawk fan. Nobody else can stand the arrogance.
    I thought that was Hawkeye Report. I much prefer HawkeyeNation, but then I'm a Hawk fan.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Hawkeye Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Is this "center-fold" thing going to turn into another Schwab/Zadick man-crush thing again?
    Noooooo. They aren't even in the picture
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

    "Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •