Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 23

Thread: Thank God for this forum

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Thank God for this forum

    The "Metcalf is dirty wrestler" party that is being held by many on the wasteland that is themat.com is pathetic. Great board here, Jensen.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  2. #2

    Default Re: Thank God for this forum

    ........there was that disqualification for flagrant misconduct at the Southern Scuffle during his redshirt year at VT..... Shhhh, I won't mention it....

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Thank God for this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingTerp View Post
    ........there was that disqualification for flagrant misconduct at the Southern Scuffle during his redshirt year at VT..... Shhhh, I won't mention it....
    I assume you're making a joke, but just in case, I'll mention that his brother had just died, I'll give him a pass for being a bit reckless on the mat. I know on the occasion when I've had to deal with a big loss, I've thrown myself, almost recklessly into things, including starting arguments and very nearly getting into brawls over nothing.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Thank God for this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by VakAttack View Post
    I assume you're making a joke, but just in case, I'll mention that his brother had just died, I'll give him a pass for being a bit reckless on the mat. I know on the occasion when I've had to deal with a big loss, I've thrown myself, almost recklessly into things, including starting arguments and very nearly getting into brawls over nothing.
    Yeah, definitely one you can ignore... regardless, he wasn't being cheap yesterday... however, you are making it easy for someone to say he was..

  5. #5

    Default Re: Thank God for this forum

    Or that headbutt at senior nationals (did that come out loud)?
    _________
    Ness is my hero

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Thank God for this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by headshuck View Post
    Or that headbutt at senior nationals (did that come out loud)?
    _________
    Ness is my hero
    LOL. I let it slide for headshuck because he's provided many of us with a lot of good comedy in his tenure.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Thank God for this forum

    First, he hadn't "just lost" his brother. That happened three months before the Scuffle. I guess it's all a part of personal control and some level of maturity, I've lost many close to me and I didn't use that as an excuse. Secondly, there is no excuse for taking a shot at an opponent you had just beaten. It simply is not part of our sport. In fact one of the great things about our sport is that it can serve as a catharsis

    Having said that, I didn't see him do anything wrong in the Schlatter match. He WAS lucky to have a ref with the courage to call stalling and award a point. I guess the Big 10 tournament gets the best officials, there were some terrible calls and non-calls in the ACC tourney.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Thank God for this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by VakAttack View Post
    The "Metcalf is dirty wrestler" party that is being held by many on the wasteland that is themat.com is pathetic. Great board here, Jensen.
    I thought the shots out of bounds/after the whistle were a little ticky tack, but thats probably just because I'm a Schlatter guy. Metcalf people probably call it wrestling "intensely" and maybe they're right. I didn't have a problem with the forearm really.

    I'll throw the same kudos to the Metcalf people on here for not throwing a "Dustin is a pathetic, broken, do nothing staller who got dominated" party. I'm sure you know who you are, just say big ups to you.

    The level of venom some people over there seem to hold for Schlatter is ridiculous.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Thank God for this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingTerp View Post
    First, he hadn't "just lost" his brother. That happened three months before the Scuffle. I guess it's all a part of personal control and some level of maturity, I've lost many close to me and I didn't use that as an excuse. Secondly, there is no excuse for taking a shot at an opponent you had just beaten. It simply is not part of our sport. In fact one of the great things about our sport is that it can serve as a catharsis
    Having someone die effects people. For me, 3 months after my uncle died (the guy who took ME to all my wrestling tournaments, even when my Dad couldn't go because of work) I was still a wreck. He didn't try to kill the guy, he just got pissed off and let his emotions take him over. Under the circumstances, I'm willing to give him some leeway. If he had done that yesterday, then I would agree with you.

    Having said that, I didn't see him do anything wrong in the Schlatter match. He WAS lucky to have a ref with the courage to call stalling and award a point. I guess the Big 10 tournament gets the best officials, there were some terrible calls and non-calls in the ACC tourney.
    Metcalf almost always gets a stalling call. His style highlights other people non-attacking. I can't think of a match where he hasn't gotten at least a stalling warning against his opponent.

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS
    I'll throw the same kudos to the Metcalf people on here for not throwing a "Dustin is a pathetic, broken, do nothing staller who got dominated" party. I'm sure you know who you are, just say big ups to you.

    The level of venom some people over there seem to hold for Schlatter is ridiculous.
    I agree. I'm going to pick Metcalf to beat Schlatter again, but I don't think it's anything close to a foregone conclusion. Metcalf won on a TD in the last 15 seconds...anybody trying to spin that as "not a close match" is just out of their gourds. It's way different then what happened in the Metcalf-Palmer match, where Palmer never had Metcalf in danger. Not to mention that Schlatter was close to scoring on other occasions. Overall, it was a good match that lived up to the hype.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •