Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 20

Thread: Intermat: 1/16/08 Individual Stats/Rankings

  1. #1

    Default Intermat: 1/16/08 Individual Stats/Rankings

    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  2. #2
    Round of 12 goldengopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs CO
    Posts
    464

    Default Re: Intermat: 1/16/08 Individual Stats/Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I think MN's guys have been wrestling a lot of matches not to lose while the Hawkeyes have been wrestling their matches to win. This has been more apparent as I watch both teams wrestle more.
    The NCAA selection committee just screwed the Gophers on seeding.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Intermat: 1/16/08 Individual Stats/Rankings

    Falls
    #3 Darrion caldwell ? 13

    Majors
    #1 (tie) Mike Sees ? 9
    #3 (big tie) Steve Myctech ? 8
    #3 (big tie) Matt Moley ? 8

    Techs
    #2 Mike Sees ? 8
    #5 Mike Pucillo - 5


    Oops I forgot, no fantasy stuff...

  4. #4
    Related To Gage Trusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,420

    Default Re: Intermat: 1/16/08 Individual Stats/Rankings

    Ness #1 and DS #1
    I think both of these guys have obviously earned the ranking and it would be hard to argue against, but it's kind of odd that they're not even ranked #1 in their conference (Big X-1.Escobedo and 1. Metcalf). Has this happened before? I can't ever remember such a thing. Dart?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Intermat: 1/16/08 Individual Stats/Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by goldengopher View Post
    I think MN's guys have been wrestling a lot of matches not to lose while the Hawkeyes have been wrestling their matches to win. This has been more apparent as I watch both teams wrestle more.
    goldengopher

    I assume you mean this in terms of how its reflected in the indi rankings, to which I would generally agree, except here...

    149
    1 Dustin Schlatter Jr. Minnesota 13-1
    2 J.P. O'Connor So. Harvard 13-1
    3 Brent Metcalf So. Iowa 20-1

    OldShamorck

  6. #6

    Default Re: Intermat: 1/16/08 Individual Stats/Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    Falls
    #3 Darrion caldwell ? 13

    Majors
    #1 (tie) Mike Sees ? 9
    #3 (big tie) Steve Myctech ? 8
    #3 (big tie) Matt Moley ? 8

    Techs
    #2 Mike Sees ? 8
    #5 Mike Pucillo - 5


    Oops I forgot, no fantasy stuff...
    Wow, with that many guys performing for you, you ought to be doing better LoSt.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  7. #7
    NCAA Champ WhippetGrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moved to Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    1,281

    Default Re: Intermat: 1/16/08 Individual Stats/Rankings

    1
    Mark Perry
    Sr.
    Iowa
    18-2
    2
    Eric Tannenbaum
    Sr.
    Michigan
    19-1
    3
    Nick Marable
    So.
    Missouri
    15-3
    4
    Mack Lewnes
    Fr.
    Cornell
    26-2
    5
    Jake Dieffenbach
    Sr.
    Oklahoma State
    16-1
    6
    Jon Reader
    Fr.
    Iowa State
    19-2
    7
    Matt Coughlin
    So.
    Indiana
    14-4
    8
    Stephen Dwyer
    So.
    Nebraska
    24-4
    9
    Moza Fay
    Jr.
    Northern Iowa
    13-5
    10
    Mike Cannon
    So.
    American
    10-1
    11
    Trevor Stewart
    Jr.
    Central Michigan
    13-3
    12
    Keegan Mueller
    Sr.
    North Carolina
    16-3
    13
    Colt Sponseller
    Fr.
    Ohio State
    10-0
    14
    Pat Pitsch
    Sr.
    Arizona State
    12-6
    15
    Kurt Gross
    Sr.
    Kent State
    21-4
    16
    Jarrod King
    Jr.
    Edinboro
    18-6
    17
    Chris Brown
    So.
    Old Dominion
    23-8
    18
    Kurt Swartz
    Fr.
    Boise State
    17-6
    19
    Zach Shanaman
    Jr.
    Penn
    15-5
    20
    Max Dean
    Sr.
    Oklahoma
    15-2


    Sponseller is the only undefeated wrestler in the weight class. He has already beaten Stewart and Gross. Next on the list is Perry. Will he get some respect then?!?
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Intermat: 1/16/08 Individual Stats/Rankings

    That's a bit of a cop out at 149. Sorry Jason, but I just don't see how Metcalf shouldn't be number 1 at this point...but then again, I'm not the pro ranker, lol.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Intermat: 1/16/08 Individual Stats/Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    1
    Mark Perry
    Sr.
    Iowa
    18-2
    2
    Eric Tannenbaum
    Sr.
    Michigan
    19-1
    3
    Nick Marable
    So.
    Missouri
    15-3
    4
    Mack Lewnes
    Fr.
    Cornell
    26-2
    5
    Jake Dieffenbach
    Sr.
    Oklahoma State
    16-1
    6
    Jon Reader
    Fr.
    Iowa State
    19-2
    7
    Matt Coughlin
    So.
    Indiana
    14-4
    8
    Stephen Dwyer
    So.
    Nebraska
    24-4
    9
    Moza Fay
    Jr.
    Northern Iowa
    13-5
    10
    Mike Cannon
    So.
    American
    10-1
    11
    Trevor Stewart
    Jr.
    Central Michigan
    13-3
    12
    Keegan Mueller
    Sr.
    North Carolina
    16-3
    13
    Colt Sponseller
    Fr.
    Ohio State
    10-0
    14
    Pat Pitsch
    Sr.
    Arizona State
    12-6
    15
    Kurt Gross
    Sr.
    Kent State
    21-4
    16
    Jarrod King
    Jr.
    Edinboro
    18-6
    17
    Chris Brown
    So.
    Old Dominion
    23-8
    18
    Kurt Swartz
    Fr.
    Boise State
    17-6
    19
    Zach Shanaman
    Jr.
    Penn
    15-5
    20
    Max Dean
    Sr.
    Oklahoma
    15-2


    Sponseller is the only undefeated wrestler in the weight class. He has already beaten Stewart and Gross. Next on the list is Perry. Will he get some respect then?!?

    He never wrestled Stewart. He wrestled Central's backup.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •