Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 158
Discuss Iowa vs. Iowa State......can Iowa win without Perry? at the College Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; I think Iowa State will win this dual with or without Perry being in Iowas ...
  1. #1
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    68

    Default Iowa vs. Iowa State......can Iowa win without Perry?

    I think Iowa State will win this dual with or without Perry being in Iowas line up.

  2. #2
    Redshirt Clone4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Iowa vs. Iowa State......can Iowa win without Perry?

    Not sure about Iowa's line-up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    125- Falck maj Kist-- IA 4-0
    133- Fanthorpe maj Slaton-- 4-4
    141- Gallick dec LeClare-- ISU 7-4
    149- Metcalf dec Mueller-- 7-7
    157- Sanderson dec Morningstar-- ISU 10-7
    165- Reader dec Kerr-- ISU 13-7
    174- Borschel dec Scott-- ISU 13-10
    184- Varner maj Keddy-- ISU 17-10
    197- Bertolino dec Loera-- ISU 20-10
    HWT- Fields dec Zabriskie-- ISU 20-13
    Last edited by Clone4Life; 12-07-2007 at 10:19 AM.
    "Who so would be a man must be a nonconformist. He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore if it be goodness. Nothing is atlast sacred but the integrity of your own mind." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

  3. #3
    National Finalist wrastler118's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    870
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Iowa vs. Iowa State......can Iowa win without Perry?

    They wouldn't win with him. Not matter how many tantrums the Iowa coaching staff pulls. You can't whine your way to a win.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

    Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Wiltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,117

    Default Re: Iowa vs. Iowa State......can Iowa win without Perry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone4Life View Post
    Not sure about Iowa's line-up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    125- Falck maj Kist-- IA 4-0
    133- Fanthorpe maj Slaton-- 4-4
    141- Gallick dec LeClare-- ISU 7-4
    149- Metcalf dec Mueller-- 7-7
    157- Sanderson dec Morningstar-- ISU 10-7
    165- Reader dec Kerr-- ISU 13-7
    174- Borschel dec Scott-- ISU 16-7
    184- Varner maj Keddy-- ISU 19-7
    197- Bertolino dec Loera-- ISU 22-7
    HWT- Fields dec Zabriskie-- ISU 22-10
    You gave Borschels points to ISU. Really I don't think Slaton gets majored and Varner may not major Keddy. If Iowa takes one of the toss up matches they are even if Perry was wrestling. I could easily see 133 or 157 going Iowa's way maybe 141 (if T-shirt wrestles for sure). Don't be surpised if Iowa gets bonus points at 149 & 174.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton




  5. #5
    Super Moderator Wiltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,117

    Default Re: Iowa vs. Iowa State......can Iowa win without Perry?

    And if you have the major at 184 the score would be 20-13.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton




  6. #6
    Super Moderator Wiltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,117

    Default Re: Iowa vs. Iowa State......can Iowa win without Perry?

    I see it more like this.

    125 Falck maj Kist 4-0 Iowa

    133 Fanthorpe dec Slaton 4-3 Iowa

    141 LeClere dec Gallick 7-3 Iowa

    149 Metcalf maj Mueller 11-3 Iowa

    157 Sanderson dec Morningstar 11-6 Iowa

    165 Reader dec Kerr 11-9 Iowa

    174 Borschel maj Scott 15-9 Iowa

    184 Varner maj Keddy/Beatty 15 -13 Iowa

    197 this is a tough one for me not a fan of Bertilino here but I will throw you guys a bone and give him a dec. 15-16 ISU


    Hwt Fields dec Zabriske 18-16 Iowa


    This as with the ISU vs Minn will come down to the toss up matches

    133, 141, 157 and 197 if either side takes all these it could be a lopsided dual.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton




  7. #7
    Redshirt Clone4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Iowa vs. Iowa State......can Iowa win without Perry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    I see it more like this.

    125 Falck maj Kist 4-0 Iowa

    133 Fanthorpe dec Slaton 4-3 Iowa

    141 LeClere dec Gallick 7-3 Iowa

    149 Metcalf maj Mueller 11-3 Iowa

    157 Sanderson dec Morningstar 11-6 Iowa

    165 Reader dec Kerr 11-9 Iowa

    174 Borschel maj Scott 15-9 Iowa

    184 Varner maj Keddy/Beatty 15 -13 Iowa

    197 this is a tough one for me not a fan of Bertilino here but I will throw you guys a bone and give him a dec. 15-16 ISU


    Hwt Fields dec Zabriske 18-16 Iowa


    This as with the ISU vs Minn will come down to the toss up matches

    133, 141, 157 and 197 if either side takes all these it could be a lopsided dual.
    Score changes made, Thanks.

    I can make sense of what your saying but I'd disagree with 133 being a toss-up. Fanthorpe's looking strong right now.
    "Who so would be a man must be a nonconformist. He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore if it be goodness. Nothing is atlast sacred but the integrity of your own mind." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

  8. #8
    Redshirt Clone4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Iowa vs. Iowa State......can Iowa win without Perry?

    Quote Originally Posted by wrastler118 View Post
    They wouldn't win with him. Not matter how many tantrums the Iowa coaching staff pulls. You can't whine your way to a win.
    If meet's were scored via sportsmanship Iowa would never show up.
    "Who so would be a man must be a nonconformist. He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore if it be goodness. Nothing is atlast sacred but the integrity of your own mind." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Wiltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,117

    Default Re: Iowa vs. Iowa State......can Iowa win without Perry?

    ISU will need more than 7 or 8 takedowns against Iowa to win. They will need to be a hell of a lot more offensive than they were against Minnesota.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton




Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

user tags

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •