Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 13

Thread: Top College Recruits: 2009/2010

  1. #1

    Default Top College Recruits: 2009/2010

    Watching Logan Stieber today and following results by the Altons, Kindig and some others yesterday made me get to thinking about how the list of most sought after recruits for coming year is going to look.

    1. Logan Stieber (Although he may not count for this list given that he's already committed to Ohio State)

    2. Andrew Alton/Dylan Alton (I'm putting them together since its basically a done deal that you get one and you get the other. Given the fact that they're both ridiculously good you could almost argue that they'd deserve to be put over Stieber if you were to count them as a pair which I'm doing)

    Thats all I'm going to rank for now. Thoughts on other people?

    PA is going to be absolutely ridiculous next year with the Altons, Kindig, and Peppelman all probably top 10 or better recruits.

  2. #2
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Top College Recruits: 2009/2010

    Jamie Clark, unfortunately, has been overshadowed by David Taylor and Stieber for the last few years, but he is extremely good. He has a win over Taylor, and is an OT loss away from being a 3x Ohio D1 state champ going into his senior year. He should definitely be a top 10 recruit, and could easily be top 5. I think the only people he has lost to are Taylor, Stieber, and Sam White (in the aforementioned state finals loss his freshman year).

    He has placed 3, 2, and 1 at Ironman. Taylor and Stieber are the only 2 people ever to finish ahead of him. I know he also has multiple Fargo titles, but I don't know the specifics.

    Anyways, he is already committed to ISU. Damn that Cael Sanderson!

    Chris Villalonga is also a premium recruit.
    Last edited by Gold; 04-11-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Villalonga


  3. #3

    Default Re: Top College Recruits: 2009/2010

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Watching Logan Stieber today and following results by the Altons, Kindig and some others yesterday made me get to thinking about how the list of most sought after recruits for coming year is going to look.

    1. Logan Stieber (Although he may not count for this list given that he's already committed to Ohio State)

    2. Andrew Alton/Dylan Alton (I'm putting them together since its basically a done deal that you get one and you get the other. Given the fact that they're both ridiculously good you could almost argue that they'd deserve to be put over Stieber if you were to count them as a pair which I'm doing)

    Thats all I'm going to rank for now. Thoughts on other people?

    PA is going to be absolutely ridiculous next year with the Altons, Kindig, and Peppelman all probably top 10 or better recruits.
    I dont know how legit it is because it came from "The Mat" which is usually full of flames, trolls and is a gongshow, however, someone reported the other day that one of the Alton's facebook had numerous Ohio State decals on it. Perhaps a sign if factual?

  4. #4
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Top College Recruits: 2009/2010

    Quote Originally Posted by medcsu View Post
    I dont know how legit it is because it came from "The Mat" which is usually full of flames, trolls and is a gongshow, however, someone reported the other day that one of the Alton's facebook had numerous Ohio State decals on it. Perhaps a sign if factual?
    Ahhhhhh I hadn't heard that they were interested in OSU but that would be amazing. It would also make for a rather congested group of people around 149-157 with Tony Jameson, Collin Palmer, both Altons, and Sean Nemec. I can think of much worse problems, though.


  5. #5

    Default Re: Top College Recruits: 2009/2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Ahhhhhh I hadn't heard that they were interested in OSU but that would be amazing. It would also make for a rather congested group of people around 149-157 with Tony Jameson, Collin Palmer, both Altons, and Sean Nemec. I can think of much worse problems, though.

    Well the Altons are still 16-17ish so they may grow a bit still anyhow. Could it be possible they go around the 160-175 range would you think? This is all predicated on them actually attending tOSU but as an ex-college athlete myself it would make a great deal of sense that the decals could signify the interest, if infact it was true.
    On its face it makes sense though, tOSU is a rising program and didnt Penn St just change coaches? Kids of that calibur would probably look at Minn, Iowa, ISU, tOSU, etc. I'll say this, if they did infact go to the Buckeyes, what a stacked team of young recruits that would be, scary.

  6. #6
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Top College Recruits: 2009/2010

    Hmm that would be good if they grew into 165 and 174--it seems like kind of a lot though. That would work very nicely.
    I could live with this lineup:

    125: Logan Stieber
    133: Hunter Stieber
    141: Cam Tessari/Ian Paddock
    149: Collin Palmer/Tony Jameson
    157: Sean Nemec
    165: Alton
    174: Alton
    184: Chris Phillips
    197: Cody Magrum
    285: Cody Gardner/Orlando Scales

    Hahaha a few things would definitely have to fall into place and weight projections are tough, but a guy can dream...
    Last edited by Gold; 04-11-2009 at 11:46 PM.


  7. #7

    Default Re: Top College Recruits: 2009/2010

    Derrick Borlie of Millbrook, VA is an animal. I haven't seen a list of recruit rankings to know if he's up there or not but he will be attending Wisconsin next year. he pinned his guy in the Senior national finals and was on the mat about 3 minutes total for his entire state tournament.

    Also,I didn't realize that Jameson was that big. I always thought he'd be around 141.

  8. #8
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Top College Recruits: 2009/2010

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Also,I didn't realize that Jameson was that big. I always thought he'd be around 141.
    He might be able to cut down to 141 for a year or two, but he wrestled 145 his senior year, so I would imagine he would be most comfortable as a 149--maybe even grow into a 157.


  9. #9

    Default Re: Top College Recruits: 2009/2010

    Have you guys seen the Altons wrestle? There is no way i see them being up at 165/174 range. They are pretty short and muscular. I see them 141 and 149 in college.

    Andrew Alton didnt even move wieght classes last year. His sophmore and junior years both at 140, while Dylan went from 135 to 145.

    I really dont see much more growing on those two.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •