Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 13

Thread: Nick Nevills to PSU

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Nick Nevills to PSU

    Good get but a strange one considering they have Thomas Haines coming in.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  2. #2
    National Finalist 1stplace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    769

    Default Re: Nick Nevills to PSU

    To me this only makes sense if Nevills is a better student and they hope to save scholarship money for other spots by him largely being on academic scholarship. I have not watched much of Nevills but I really think Haines is going to be a fantastic college wrestler. I would be a little surprised if Haines still ends up in happy valley.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Nick Nevills to PSU

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    To me this only makes sense if Nevills is a better student and they hope to save scholarship money for other spots by him largely being on academic scholarship. I have not watched much of Nevills but I really think Haines is going to be a fantastic college wrestler. I would be a little surprised if Haines still ends up in happy valley.
    I certainly don't have any inside information. But I'd be surprised if Haines transferred. I suspect he has a lot of confidence in himself and sees Nevills as having to prove himself. I don't think Haines will back off from the challenge. That said, I agree with others in finding this a bit puzzling as there are other weights that PSU needs help in down the line and pulling in 2 of the top 5 pfp wrestlers at the same weight is interesting. I suspect that Nevills didn't need a lot of scholly money (as others have suggested). I can't see Cael handing out major scholly money to 2 Hwt prospects, even as good as both of them are.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Nick Nevills to PSU

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I certainly don't have any inside information. But I'd be surprised if Haines transferred. I suspect he has a lot of confidence in himself and sees Nevills as having to prove himself. I don't think Haines will back off from the challenge. That said, I agree with others in finding this a bit puzzling as there are other weights that PSU needs help in down the line and pulling in 2 of the top 5 pfp wrestlers at the same weight is interesting. I suspect that Nevills didn't need a lot of scholly money (as others have suggested). I can't see Cael handing out major scholly money to 2 Hwt prospects, even as good as both of them are.


    Haines Hits The Open Market | News | Flowrestling

    Haines opens up his recruiting
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton




  5. #5
    NCAA Champ BlueBloodLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The same planet as you
    Posts
    1,025

    Default Re: Nick Nevills to PSU

    I agree on the slightly strange - I'm trying to be happy about it but scratching my head a little. I can't see either getting to 197 in college, so it seems they both truly are headed for HWT in college. I wonder if 1stplace is on to something.

  6. #6
    NCAA Champ BlueBloodLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The same planet as you
    Posts
    1,025

    Default Re: Nick Nevills to PSU

    And as a side note, (according to Intermat) 3 of the top 6 seniors this year are likely to be HWT in college. Seems like quite the year for HWTs.
    1 Chance Marsteller Kennard-Dale PA 160
    2 Kyle Snyder Good Counsel MD 220 Ohio State
    3 Bryce Brill Mt. Carmel IL 145 Northwestern
    4 Nick Nevills Clovis High CA 285 Penn State
    5 Thomas Haines Solanco PA 220 Penn State

  7. #7

    Default Re: Nick Nevills to PSU

    Any other word on where Marsteller is leaning?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Nick Nevills to PSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Any other word on where Marsteller is leaning?
    Is this some sort of a joke that I don't understand?
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  9. #9

    Default Re: Nick Nevills to PSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Is this some sort of a joke that I don't understand?
    I thought I saw him in a photo a while back wearing an Iowa hat. Has he declared or something?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •