Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 31

Thread: Thoughts on Finals

  1. #10
    NCAA Champ BlueBloodLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The same planet as you
    Posts
    1,026

    Default Re: Thoughts on Finals

    Do you have a good resource for that list? I enjoy reading it. College Scorebook has a page you can query and it tells a slightly different story: It has Dake in a 3 way tie for second. Still better than I thought. I figured Kilgore was going to run away with it after his early season start.
    .
    1 20 Hunter Weber North Dakota State University ND Division I WWC 125 M FR 26 - 9
    2 18 Aaron (A.J.) Schopp Edinboro PA Division I EWL 133 M RSSO 29 - 3
    2 18 Dustin Kilgore Kent State OH Division I MAC 197 M RSJR 39 - 0
    2 18 Kyle Dake Cornell NY Division I EIWA 165 M SR 32 - 0
    5 17 Jordan Oliver Oklahoma State OK Division I Big 12 149 M RSSR 33 - 0
    6 16 Andrew Delaney The Citadel SC Division I SoCon 285 M RSSR 37 - 7
    7 15 Cody Copeland Lock Haven PA Division I EWL 157 M FR 25 -

  2. #11

    Default Re: Thoughts on Finals

    Q amazed me.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

  3. #12
    National Finalist 1stplace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    785

    Default Re: Thoughts on Finals

    I understand I'm an Iowa fan but what in that match showed that Stieber is just on "another level"? He almost pinned himself because Ramos got in super deep and instead of giving up a takedown Stieber tried to get cute and in all honesty it was a coin flip as to whether backs were warranted there. Ramos was also in deep at the end with about 15 seconds left. Nothing in that match led me to believe that Stieber is on another level.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Thoughts on Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    I understand I'm an Iowa fan but what in that match showed that Stieber is just on "another level"? He almost pinned himself because Ramos got in super deep and instead of giving up a takedown Stieber tried to get cute and in all honesty it was a coin flip as to whether backs were warranted there. Ramos was also in deep at the end with about 15 seconds left. Nothing in that match led me to believe that Stieber is on another level.
    If you beat someone 5 times in a row its pretty clear to me that you're on another level.

  5. #14
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: Thoughts on Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Do you have a good resource for that list? I enjoy reading it. College Scorebook has a page you can query and it tells a slightly different story: It has Dake in a 3 way tie for second. Still better than I thought. I figured Kilgore was going to run away with it after his early season start.
    .
    1 20 Hunter Weber North Dakota State University ND Division I WWC 125 M FR 26 - 9
    2 18 Aaron (A.J.) Schopp Edinboro PA Division I EWL 133 M RSSO 29 - 3
    2 18 Dustin Kilgore Kent State OH Division I MAC 197 M RSJR 39 - 0
    2 18 Kyle Dake Cornell NY Division I EIWA 165 M SR 32 - 0
    5 17 Jordan Oliver Oklahoma State OK Division I Big 12 149 M RSSR 33 - 0
    6 16 Andrew Delaney The Citadel SC Division I SoCon 285 M RSSR 37 - 7
    7 15 Cody Copeland Lock Haven PA Division I EWL 157 M FR 25 -
    My source was the ESPN broadcasters. Surpisingly, they were pretty close to getting it right.

  6. #15

    Default Re: Thoughts on Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by rynekey54 View Post
    If you beat someone 5 times in a row its pretty clear to me that you're on another level.
    Yeah, that.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  7. #16
    National Finalist 1stplace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    785

    Default Re: Thoughts on Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by rynekey54 View Post
    If you beat someone 5 times in a row its pretty clear to me that you're on another level.
    I disagree. Dake has beaten Taylor three times in a row and I don't see that as meaning that he is on another level. I think that Stieber is a better wrestler than Tony right now but on another level to me means that there is no way no chance that Ramos is beating Stieber and after watching that match I don't see that to be true at all. We can agree to disagree

  8. #17

    Default Re: Thoughts on Finals

    1stplace, I think you mixing your terminology up

    A whole nother level = no way, no chance to win

    another level = 5 straight competitive wins

  9. #18

    Default Re: Thoughts on Finals

    I agree with 1st place. To me, a whole other level means that there is no chance that a guy will beat the other guy. Kind of like saying that Streebler is on a whole other level than AJ Shopp for example. That said, Streebler is the better wrestler than Ramos right now, and there is no disputing that. Streebler is a great wrestler that is for sure. 2 fortuitous calls the last 2 years or not, the guy is never out of a match. Even internationally he is right there with some world class guys.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •