Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 73 to 81 of 83

Thread: Nittany Lion Open

  1. #73
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Nittany Lion Open

    He beat Hunter @ the Ironman Finals when they were both Juniors, 3-0.
    Beckman rode him out in the 2nd period. See below.

    119lbs Hunter Stieber Monroeville- vs. Mason Beckman Reynolds- | 2009 Walsh Ironman Tournament | Flowrestling

  2. #74

    Default Re: Nittany Lion Open

    Quote Originally Posted by chocell View Post
    Well, I thought Penn State would put 11 in the finals and they only put 10 in - pretty close. I said they'd win 8 championships, but they only won 5. I knew Beckman and Gwiazdowski were good, but they were better than I thought. I actually thought Conaway would beat Beckman in the finals. Did Conaway have an off-day or does he really have that much work to do?

    Gulibon making the finals was a bit of a surprise and he's just getting closer and closer to beating Beckman. I figured Alton vs. Fleming would be a toss up. I also thought Pearsall was turning a corner, guess not quite yet. I guess Megaludis only beats Zanetta at NCAAs?




    Megaludis's win over Zanetta last year was 4-2 SV in the dual meet. They didn't wrestle at the NCAA's.

  3. #75

    Default Re: Nittany Lion Open

    Quote Originally Posted by burnsie1983 View Post
    Where do you all think Andrew Alton ranks amongst 149 lbers right now?
    Somewhere in that cluster of guys from 2-4 or 2-5 depending on how you feel about Vinson.

    Basically as a very big part of that second tier but decidedly behind Oliver.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  4. #76

    Default Re: Nittany Lion Open

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Somewhere in that cluster of guys from 2-4 or 2-5 depending on how you feel about Vinson.

    Basically as a very big part of that second tier but decidedly behind Oliver.
    I agree with this.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  5. #77

    Default Re: Nittany Lion Open

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    [/B]Megaludis's win over Zanetta last year was 4-2 SV in the dual meet. They didn't wrestle at the NCAA's.
    I must of been thinking of Sanders or maybe Perelli. Wasn't there someone he beat at NCAAs who had beat him at least twice during the season pretty easily and then Megaludis just turned it on at NCAAs?

  6. #78

    Default Re: Nittany Lion Open

    Perrelli beat him twice in one day.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  7. #79

    Default Re: Nittany Lion Open

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Somewhere in that cluster of guys from 2-4 or 2-5 depending on how you feel about Vinson.

    Basically as a very big part of that second tier but decidedly behind Oliver.
    Considering Vinson beat him last year, I would think he needs to be included in that group.

  8. #80

    Default Re: Nittany Lion Open

    Quote Originally Posted by chocell View Post
    I must of been thinking of Sanders or maybe Perelli. Wasn't there someone he beat at NCAAs who had beat him at least twice during the season pretty easily and then Megaludis just turned it on at NCAAs?
    Yes, Megaludis beat both Sanders and Perrelli at NCAA's after both beat him twice during the season. As gopher pointed out, both of Perrelli's were in the same day at the Scuffle.

  9. #81

    Default Re: Nittany Lion Open

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    Considering Vinson beat him last year, I would think he needs to be included in that group.
    And, Vinson just got a MD win over OK's Lester, who wrestled reasonably well against Chamberlain in the all-star meet.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •