Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 55 to 63 of 66

Thread: PSU's line up-best guess

  1. #55

    Default Re: PSU's line up-best guess

    Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Conveniently overlooking the fact that PSU boycotts the event and Iowa only shows up when it is to their advantage.

    Do you ever use your head. It's that thing three feet above your ass.

    The reason teams don't show up every year is because it is not an NCAA sanctioned event. I know I didn't say it directly in my last post but it was implied. From now on everyone needs to say EXACTLY what they mean. Jammen only has a third grade education.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  2. #56

    Default Re: PSU's line up-best guess

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Do you ever use your head. It's that thing three feet above your ass.

    The reason teams don't show up every year is because it is not an NCAA sanctioned event. I know I didn't say it directly in my last post but it was implied. From now on everyone needs to say EXACTLY what they mean. Jammen only has a third grade education.
    Has Penn State participated in the duals since Cael became Head Coach? I'm not sure why you wouldn't go because it's not NCAA sanctioned. It is put on by your(the coach's) organization. Why wouldn't you want to participate to help it become successful?

  3. #57

    Default Re: PSU's line up-best guess

    Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Conveniently overlooking the fact that PSU boycotts the event and Iowa only shows up when it is to their advantage.
    Completely false.

    Iowa would have been HUGE favorites to run away with the Midlands team title this year and will not be attending this season.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #58

    Default Re: PSU's line up-best guess

    Quote Originally Posted by oted874 View Post
    Has Penn State participated in the duals since Cael became Head Coach? I'm not sure why you wouldn't go because it's not NCAA sanctioned. It is put on by your(the coach's) organization. Why wouldn't you want to participate to help it become successful?

    Coaches are paid to do what is best for their team, not what is best for the NWCA National dual tournament. If it helps the team to skip it and do something else that year it's the coaches perogative and they are right to do what is best for their team, not what is best for the NWCA.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  5. #59

    Default Re: PSU's line up-best guess

    Quote Originally Posted by oted874 View Post
    Let me ask this question. If this proposal of the National Duals was presented, with only one difference, what would everyone think then. The one differnce being the NCAA would recognize and award team trophys for both the Dual Team Champion and Team Champion in the individual tournament?
    And therein lies the rub. If the NCAA would sanction both events there would be no issue, but they won't so the point is moot. From what I've read the NWCA wants to transfer the team championship to the duals just to appease the NCAA so the NCAA can get their share of the tv revenue. Is it about promoting the sport or about the money?

  6. #60

    Default Re: PSU's line up-best guess

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Coaches are paid to do what is best for their team, not what is best for the NWCA National dual tournament. If it helps the team to skip it and do something else that year it's the coaches perogative and they are right to do what is best for their team, not what is best for the NWCA.
    Which violates the NWCA's Coaching Code of Ethics; Leadership-Concern is demonstrated for the general health and promotion of wrestling, not just one's team or program.

    Perhaps it might be helpful to list the teams who have attended every single NWCA National Duals to find out which teams have really been about promoting the sport above their own selfish interests. But I guess you already know who that would be.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

  7. #61

    Default Re: PSU's line up-best guess

    Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Which violates the NWCA's Coaching Code of Ethics; Leadership-Concern is demonstrated for the general health and promotion of wrestling, not just one's team or program.

    Perhaps it might be helpful to list the teams who have attended every single NWCA National Duals to find out which teams have really been about promoting the sport above their own selfish interests. But I guess you already know who that would be.
    You make really dumb points.

    1..It's clear that the NWCA doesn't follow a code of ethics. They just do what they want.

    B..Why would any coach put the NWCA's agenda above their teams or schools agenda? Who pays them? The answer for those of you with 3rd grade educations is, the University. The NWCA does not employ the coaches.

    thrice..Go ahead and make your little list of every team that has attended every tournament. We will all see that you are just a honk for Minnesota.

    Next time try to make some valid points, not just ones that show you slobber all over Goldies nobber.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  8. #62

    Default Re: PSU's line up-best guess

    I find the "ethics violation" a strange claim, as the one year that Iowa chose to sit out of the national duals brands was VERY open as to why his team was sitting out, and, for more or less reasons, he clearly stated that his team wasn't ready for that type of competition yet and that he made this choice in his team's best interests.

    So, considering how unpopular his choice was at the time, I wonder why he wasn't brought up for violating the NWCA's standards of ethics?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  9. #63

    Default Re: PSU's line up-best guess

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Next time try to make some valid points, not just ones that show you slobber all over Goldies nobber.

    What's wrong with that?
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •