Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 46 to 54 of 79

Thread: Projected line up for Minny

  1. #46

    Default Re: Projected line up for Minny

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    WTF are you even talking about?

    And even before you clarify whatever it is you're trying to say above let me say that I still fail to see what your obsession with Tessari's match with Ness has to do with this thread.

    The win certainly paid off for Tessari when it came to their comparative performances over the rest of the year.
    Just pointing out the fact that people defend the Dardanes win but make excuses for Ness's loss. I was trying to predict that Dardanes won't have the same success as last season. It was a prediction. That's when you all pointed out the win over Stieber and I pointed out the Tessari win. All of it was in the context of the thread.

    As far as their success at the end of the season, you are solidifying my point. Dardanes beat Stieber but finished lower at the end of the season. You pointed out that the Tessari win didn't equal a higher finish. So why is it different when you talk about Dardanes?
    Last edited by quinn14; 09-02-2012 at 01:20 PM.

  2. #47

    Default Re: Projected line up for Minny

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Just pointing out the fact that people defend the Dardanes win
    People are defending Dardanes' wins from last year because you blundered into the thread after jammen predicted Dardanes to beat Ramos (Ramos, not Stieber) next year and started dumping on him insinuating that the reason for his success last year was because people weren't taking him seriously and that he wasn't scouted despite the fact that he was in the Gopher line up for the entire second half of the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    but make excuses for Ness's loss.
    I get that you're an Ohio State fan, but jammen posted video of the match. If you can honestly watch that and say that Ness was pinned we really don't have anything else to say to one another.

    Had the pin not been called its entirely possible that Tessari goes on to win the match, but at that point in time Ness was not pinned. Tessari's arm was clearly under his shoulder.

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I was trying to predict that Dardanes won't have the same success as last season. It was a prediction.
    Yes. We know you're predicting him to go from 4th to a "disappointing 5th"

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    As far as their success at the end of the season, you are solidifying my point. Dardanes beat Stieber but finished lower at the end of the season. You pointed out that the Tessari win didn't equal a higher finish. So why is it different when you talk about Dardanes?
    No one in this thread has even predicted Dardanes to finish higher than Stieber (or Ramos the original wrestler being discussed for that matter).

    All jammen said was that Chris would beat Ramos at least once next year which was clearly a counter to vais stating that the entire state of Iowa would beat Storley at least once next year.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  3. #48

    Default Re: Projected line up for Minny

    So you just linked all of my posts to other posts which can only mean that they were in the context of the thread. You are getting good at making my points for me. Thanks

  4. #49

    Default Re: Projected line up for Minny

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    You are getting good at making my points for me. Thanks
    What I'm getting at is that you have no point.

    You still haven't elucidated how you think Dardanes' success last year was a result of him not being scouted or taken seriously.

    I'd love to hear the explanation for that one.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  5. #50

    Default Re: Projected line up for Minny

    Let me begin with an observation. You seem a little stressed. Stressed spelled backwards spells desserts. Grab a Little Debbie and relax.

    I was making a prediction that Dardanes doesn't finish as high as he did last year. Yes, people took him seriously by the end of the season. But no, I don't think they did in the beginning. At least not as serious as they should have. I don't think people were gunning for him like Oliver, Stieber or Ramos. I do think they will be this year. Therefore, I predict a disappointing finish for him. I am not claiming it to be fact. It is a prediction. Although when I am right, I reserve the right to rub it in. And just to warn you, if I'm wrong, I will have an excuse. I am learning from all the Ness apologists.

  6. #51

    Default Re: Projected line up for Minny

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Yes, people took him seriously by the end of the season.
    Funny that he came into NCAA's as the 10th seed and finished 4th, what with all those people finally taking him seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    But no, I don't think they did in the beginning. At least not as serious as they should have.
    Which wrestlers in particular weren't taking him seriously? I'm just wondering.

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    And just to warn you, if I'm wrong, I will have an excuse. I am learning from all the Ness apologists.
    The first person to start with the excuses in this thread was you, bud. From your very first post in this thread that's all you've been doing.

    You're telling me to go have dessert, I'll tell you to go watch an episode of the X-Files.

    I never thought I'd say this but you make a very marginal amount more sense when you're carrying on about your black helicopter stuff than what you've done here in this thread.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  7. #52

    Default Re: Projected line up for Minny

    Again, I've never mentioned a black helicopter ever. I really don't even get the joke. I assume it's a conspiracy theory thing but I'm not sure. Keep making those jokes though. The Agenda 21 jokes worked out really well since every major newspaper in the country has now reported on its very existence.

    As for excuses, I don't think I made any. I said the Dardanes win was valid. I just don't think it will happen again and I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that. You probably think that but are just hoping you're wrong. I think you are taking predictions out of context. We all are fans of someone and predict things based on our biases. If you can't see the humor in the Dardanes vs Tessari posts then you are taking things way too serious. Which is why I assumed you were stressed. Just the very mention that Tessari beat Ness puts some people into a tailspin. Yet those same people give Dardanes all the credit in the world for the Stieber win. It is very funny to me and needling you about it was not meant to be taken serious. Just bar room type banter.

  8. #53

    Default Re: Projected line up for Minny

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Just the very mention that Tessari beat Ness puts some people into a tailspin.
    Please answer one question, yes or no. After watching the video, was Ness pinned?

  9. #54

    Default Re: Projected line up for Minny

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachWhite View Post
    Please answer one question, yes or no. After watching the video, was Ness pinned?
    Punishment for being hit in a merkle.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •