Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 43

Thread: Bo Jordan

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Bo Jordan

    It's being reported that he committed to tOSU. Not exactly sure how reliable the source is and I would be shocked he isn't going to Wisconsin. But, if what is being said is true, then it's merely a matter of time before the Buckeyes take the title and hold on for a while. Live it up now PSU fans because trouble is comin'.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Bo Jordan

    Is Bo the younger brother of your avatar? I know tOSU lost a couple of great recruits to career-ending injuries a couple of years ago. But still, how did they get enough scholarship money for all these recruits over just a couple of years? Things sure are looking up for tOSU! What a difference from 2 years ago!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Bo Jordan

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Is Bo the younger brother of your avatar?
    No. Ben has a younger brother named Issac who will be attending Wisconsin. They are both sons of Jim Jordan, the current senator and former national champion. I believe he was a 2xer and beat John Smith for the title one year.

    Bo and his brother Micah are sons of Jeff Jordan who is the current coach of St. Paris Graham and former AA for Wisconsin.

  4. #4
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Bo Jordan

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    No. Ben has a younger brother named Issac who will be attending Wisconsin. They are both sons of Jim Jordan, the current senator and former national champion. I believe he was a 2xer and beat John Smith for the title one year.

    Bo and his brother Micah are sons of Jeff Jordan who is the current coach of St. Paris Graham and former AA for Wisconsin.
    Yes he beat John during John's sophomore year. I think they even mentioned the win on his senator bio. How old is Micah now?
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  5. #5

    Default Re: Bo Jordan

    Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    How old is Micah now?
    Micah will be a junior this coming season. And he's a stud. He's not Bo-type stud, but not far off.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Bo Jordan

    Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    Yes he beat John during John's sophomore year. I think they even mentioned the win on his senator bio. How old is Micah now?
    John Smith is clearly USA's top all-time freestyler (in my book at least). It's interesting that he only won 2 NCAA titles. His sophomore season as you noted (I had forgotten he lost to Jordan) and his freshman season. I was at the 1984 NCAA's when he was the #2 seed as a freshman and lost either first or second round (I believe it was first round) to Rocky Bonomo (twin brother of 3-time NCAA champ Ricky Bonomo of Bloomsburg). You would think that a 6-time world champ would win more than 2 NCAA titles.

  7. #7
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Bo Jordan

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    John Smith is clearly USA's top all-time freestyler (in my book at least). It's interesting that he only won 2 NCAA titles. His sophomore season as you noted (I had forgotten he lost to Jordan) and his freshman season. I was at the 1984 NCAA's when he was the #2 seed as a freshman and lost either first or second round (I believe it was first round) to Rocky Bonomo (twin brother of 3-time NCAA champ Ricky Bonomo of Bloomsburg). You would think that a 6-time world champ would win more than 2 NCAA titles.
    John lost in the second round his freshman year and didn't even AA. In his own words he was too busy thinking about his semifinal match to wrestle in the current one and that was back when if the guy lost to lost his next match you were out of the tournament. Then of course his Sophomore year he lost to Jordan. It was after that year he took the redshirt where he recommitted himself and perfected his legendary low single by watching the Europeans.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  8. #8

    Default Re: Bo Jordan

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    John Smith is clearly USA's top all-time freestyler (in my book at least). It's interesting that he only won 2 NCAA titles. His sophomore season as you noted (I had forgotten he lost to Jordan) and his freshman season. I was at the 1984 NCAA's when he was the #2 seed as a freshman and lost either first or second round (I believe it was first round) to Rocky Bonomo (twin brother of 3-time NCAA champ Ricky Bonomo of Bloomsburg). You would think that a 6-time world champ would win more than 2 NCAA titles.
    Baumgartner only won one title.
    David Schultz won one title
    Those two guys along with Kemp and Smith are in the top 4 of U.S. FS wrestlers in my book.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Bo Jordan

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    No. Ben has a younger brother named Issac who will be attending Wisconsin. They are both sons of Jim Jordan, the current senator and former national champion. I believe he was a 2xer and beat John Smith for the title one year.

    Bo and his brother Micah are sons of Jeff Jordan who is the current coach of St. Paris Graham and former AA for Wisconsin.
    Thanks, Quinn. I'm assuming that Jim Jordan and Jeff Jordan are unrelated.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •