Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 28

Thread: Was Jaggers cradling guys all year?

  1. #10
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Was Jaggers cradling guys all year?

    Quote Originally Posted by spartansd View Post
    It seemed the announcers talked a lot about weight issues. So he might have been wrestling on an empty tank the first half and just wrestled bad. Then got himself under control towards the end.

    Very weird that he has never won the B10's. Just goes to show how tough a conference the B10 is in wrestling.
    Dubuque also never won the Big 10s.

    Jaggers said in an interview it was due to weight, but I wonder if guys like this want to lower their own expectations so they aren't being scouted the way that Schlatter was.

    I would have thought that Jaggers chances of not AAing would be better than his chances of repeating.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  2. #11

    Default Re: Was Jaggers cradling guys all year?

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Dubuque also never won the Big 10s.

    Jaggers said in an interview it was due to weight, but I wonder if guys like this want to lower their own expectations so they aren't being scouted the way that Schlatter was.

    I would have thought that Jaggers chances of not AAing would be better than his chances of repeating.
    In your defense you have never been very good at making predictions.

  3. #12
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Was Jaggers cradling guys all year?

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    In your defense you have never been very good at making predictions.
    What about you telling me Grey would spank Ness? Instead he is calling for stalling while down a bunch.

    Where did you have him? don't give me an answer with hindsight please.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  4. #13

    Default Re: Was Jaggers cradling guys all year?

    I dont remember having any conversation with you in regards to those too. I did win my finals pool so maybe you should have taken some of my advice on those picks.

  5. #14
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Was Jaggers cradling guys all year?

    Well here you said Kennedy's lose paves the way for Grey (when others said Ness). Had Grey won, I'm sure you would have take credit for that comment.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  6. #15

    Default Re: Was Jaggers cradling guys all year?

    Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    I wonder if Heskett taught Jaggers the cradle then, or if he's always done that.

    The way Jaggers waltzed through the tournament makes you wonder how he could have been seeded only #3.
    Quite a few complained that he was seeded too high.

    One of the locals pointed out that Jaggers cradled and pinned Cyler Sanderson in Fargo Junior finals while trailing big. I think he always had the cradle, but he's had a lot of other things going for him too. He didn't pin Tirapelle with a cradle at seniors, but on a counter.

    Currently the local discussion is about where Jeff Jaggers fits among Ohio's all-time greats. My take: FULLY HEALTHY he is way up the list. As someone wrote on another forum, you don't win TWO NCAA titles by accident.

    Watching him wrestle this past weekend was a thing of beauty.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

  7. #16

    Default Re: Was Jaggers cradling guys all year?

    Steve, I would like to personally take credit for all of the success that Jaggers has had on the college level. We all know what motivates him the most, THE HATERS!!

    Well 5 years ago on cleveland.com, I predicted that he would have an Opfer like career, and not really do too much in college. Mainly because I disliked Chanel, a conference rival. And I thought he wrestled no one to get those 4 titles.

    Needless to say Jaggers himself actually came on and said, and I quote " thanks, people like you are what motivates me". I was a little surprised that he actually responded, and wished him the best of luck in college.

    Last year after he won his first title I shot him an email, thanking him for proving me wrong. He never responded. I don't blame him..

  8. #17

    Default Re: Was Jaggers cradling guys all year?

    Jaggers season reminded me of Reiter's senior season where everyone was getting on him about losing some early matches. I think for those guys cutting ALOT of weight, the first half of the season can certainly be trying. Jaggers amazed me however how he really looked like the class of the field from Thursday on. Nice work Mr. Jaggers.

  9. #18
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: Was Jaggers cradling guys all year?

    Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    Quite a few complained that he was seeded too high.

    One of the locals pointed out that Jaggers cradled and pinned Cyler Sanderson in Fargo Junior finals while trailing big. I think he always had the cradle, but he's had a lot of other things going for him too. He didn't pin Tirapelle with a cradle at seniors, but on a counter.

    Currently the local discussion is about where Jeff Jaggers fits among Ohio's all-time greats. My take: FULLY HEALTHY he is way up the list. As someone wrote on another forum, you don't win TWO NCAA titles by accident.

    Watching him wrestle this past weekend was a thing of beauty.
    No accident indeed. Since Joe H. is also from Ohio, and he certainly had the cradle in his arsenal by the time he hit ISU, maybe it's a move taught by Ohio coaches (aside: Bobby Douglas always credited his high school coach, in whatever that town was, for alot of what he knew about wrestling) . I imagine the cradle takes a lot of strength. When I saw Jaggers go for that move right out of the box, it immediately reminded me of Heskett.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •