Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 55 to 63 of 77

Thread: Tyler Caldwell to Oklahoma State.

  1. #55
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Tyler Caldwell to Oklahoma State.

    Derek Garcia has me very worried about Jordan Rogers. But honestly we don't have much choice considering our other option is Zach White who isn't as good as we hoped he would be. I really want Kindig to have his redshirt year but I still wouldn't want to have JO go all the way up to 149 since he wouldn't be a big 141
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  2. #56

    Default Re: Tyler Caldwell to Oklahoma State.

    Derek kinda looked like a fat kid at 65 if you ask me. He had a rough year, but I think he has promise.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  3. #57

    Default Re: Tyler Caldwell to Oklahoma State.

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Derek kinda looked like a fat kid at 65 if you ask me. He had a rough year, but I think he has promise.
    His senior year he was at 171.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

  4. #58

    Default Re: Tyler Caldwell to Oklahoma State.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    His senior year he was at 171.
    Still thought he was doughy.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  5. #59

    Default Re: Tyler Caldwell to Oklahoma State.

    Derek Garcia has a great low single (or ankle pick if that's what it's called) which he put on display against Evans. I was at the match and our entire section was surprised at his performance based off of his previous matches. But even in that match he proved that he can not wrestle on the mat, just like Snackem said. Personally, I think mat wrestling is harder to master than takedowns because if you are a stud in HS, you can take someone down and let them up and rarely do you have to get up yourself. So, I am not as confident as Snackem with the AA predictions. I hope he does, but I think learning to wrestle on the mat at this stage may prove to be too difficult.

  6. #60
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Tyler Caldwell to Oklahoma State.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    His senior year he was at 171.
    An old teammate of mine who wrestles in Washington now claims that Derek Garcia is doing poorly because he is giving up a lot of weight. I brought up the 171 thing and he tells me Derek wrestled up for a challenge. Anything you know of to back up that claim?
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  7. #61

    Default Re: Tyler Caldwell to Oklahoma State.

    Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    An old teammate of mine who wrestles in Washington now claims that Derek Garcia is doing poorly because he is giving up a lot of weight. I brought up the 171 thing and he tells me Derek wrestled up for a challenge. Anything you know of to back up that claim?
    Demas was 171 his senior year. He's not a big 157.

    The weight you wrestle at in high school doesn't really always tell the tale. A lot of guys wrestle up for the challenge. Evans was at 189 his senior year. There's countless examples.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  8. #62

    Default Re: Tyler Caldwell to Oklahoma State.

    Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    An old teammate of mine who wrestles in Washington now claims that Derek Garcia is doing poorly because he is giving up a lot of weight. I brought up the 171 thing and he tells me Derek wrestled up for a challenge. Anything you know of to back up that claim?
    The weight issue doesn't sell me. It's not like Demas was David Taylor and Garcia couldn't drop for fear of not starting. I think it is probably a combination of two things. The first and most important is his lack of mat wrestling. The second is a total guess but maybe homesickness. A lot of times he just didn't look like he wanted to be out there. I have absolutely no facts to back that up, it's just a hunch. Washington and Ohio are not only very far apart on the map, but socially they aren't really the same either. He's still young and I am hopeful Snackem is correct and he will turn things around. Maybe the competition in the room with Phillips will do just that.

  9. #63

    Default Re: Tyler Caldwell to Oklahoma State.

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    The weight issue doesn't sell me. It's not like Demas was David Taylor and Garcia couldn't drop for fear of not starting. I think it is probably a combination of two things. The first and most important is his lack of mat wrestling. The second is a total guess but maybe homesickness. A lot of times he just didn't look like he wanted to be out there. I have absolutely no facts to back that up, it's just a hunch. Washington and Ohio are not only very far apart on the map, but socially they aren't really the same either. He's still young and I am hopeful Snackem is correct and he will turn things around. Maybe the competition in the room with Phillips will do just that.
    Is Phillips projected at 165 or 174?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •