Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 66

Thread: Long to return to Penn State wrestling

  1. #10

    Default Re: Long to return to Penn State wrestling

    Honestly I kind of hope this is true. Cael is a stand up guy and if Long does really value his wrestling career maybe he'll listen to some of what others have to say. I think that with the success that PSU had this year w/o Long that there are enough solid leaders in the room to keep his attitude in check. I think that this could be the best thing for Long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

  2. #11

    Default Re: Long to return to Penn State wrestling

    This is the mugshot from his most recent arrest in Iowa.

    A face that only a mother could love. YIKES!

    Photo - Andrew Long - National College wrestling | Examiner.com
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  3. #12

    Default Re: Long to return to Penn State wrestling

    I just wonder what everyone would be saying if Long wasn't a good wrestler. Would you all hope he latches on somewhere and change his life? Or would you discard him as a screw-up, talk about how he should be in jail and bad mouth anyone who considered standing up for him? Not accusing anyone of anything. I just find it funny that if a 20 year old kid with long hair and dirty clothes does something like this, people crucify him, but since Andrew Long can win wrestling matches, people tend to go easy on him.

    And so no one is confused, I say give him another shot. But I also say to give the dirty kid another shot too.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Long to return to Penn State wrestling

    Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Honestly I kind of hope this is true. Cael is a stand up guy and if Long does really value his wrestling career maybe he'll listen to some of what others have to say. I think that with the success that PSU had this year w/o Long that there are enough solid leaders in the room to keep his attitude in check. I think that this could be the best thing for Long.
    Seriously? Please ingnore the fact he was supposed to be on end of the rope probation to begin with at PSU and since then has been charged with sexual assault, has been drinking both while on the PSU team and since he left plus was arrested another time. A stand up guy is not a guy who looks the other way and lets guys on his team that have obvious issues. A stand up guy says I gave you a shot and you blew it so I'm gonna have to wish you the best of luck getting your crap together. KJ was the biggest stand up guy in this situation by saying clean up your act (he even wanted to help him get treatment) or your not going to wrestle for this team, that is a stand up guy. Like I said before I don't see any way the PSU Admins sign off on this no mater what Sanderson would say.

  5. #14

    Default Re: Long to return to Penn State wrestling

    Exactly how would Andrew Long help PSU at this point? What message does this give Martellotti and Pearsall and kids that are doing it the right way. I am going on record that there is no way in hell Cael takes another chance with this kid. Let him go to JUCO if he really wants to get a degree and keep wrestling. PSU has shown it can win without a 133, 141 and essentially without a 197.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  6. #15

    Default Re: Long to return to Penn State wrestling

    So was the original post just BS? ZZ didn't provide any links to support his statement, so am I to assume the entire thread was created to stir the drink?

  7. #16

    Default Re: Long to return to Penn State wrestling

    Andrew Long has had too many 2nd chances....
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton




  8. #17

    Default Re: Long to return to Penn State wrestling

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    So was the original post just BS? ZZ didn't provide any links to support his statement, so am I to assume the entire thread was created to stir the drink?
    Exactly. No link or source to backup the original post, this is all BS.

  9. #18

    Default Re: Long to return to Penn State wrestling

    Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Exactly how would Andrew Long help PSU at this point? What message does this give Martellotti and Pearsall and kids that are doing it the right way. I am going on record that there is no way in hell Cael takes another chance with this kid. Let him go to JUCO if he really wants to get a degree and keep wrestling. PSU has shown it can win without a 133, 141 and essentially without a 197.
    I want to be clear that I never said or eluded to the fact that Long would help PSU. I do think that PSU and being part of a team could help Long. My only point is that maybe this could be a good thing for this young man that it appears could use some help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •