Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 43

Thread: National duals pairings released .

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default National duals pairings released .

    These are from Earl at DI-thanks.


    National Duals Pairings Released

    « Thread Started Yesterday at 8:00pm »
    More thoughts/comments later, but here are the matchups:

    Rutgers Regional

    #1 Minnesota vs #5 Rutgers/#4 Kent State Winner
    #2 Michigan vs #3 Missouri/#6 Cal Poly Winner

    Cornell Regional

    #1 Cornell vs #5 Purdue/#4 Central Michigan Winner
    #2 Illinois vs # 3 Oklahoma/#6 American Winner

    Iowa State Regional

    #1 Iowa vs #5 Northern Iowa/#4 Virginia Tech Winner
    #2 Oregon State vs #3 Iowa State/#6 Wisconsin Winner

    Oklahoma State Regional

    #1 Oklahoma State vs #5 Chattanooga/#4 Wyoming Winner
    #2 Nebraska vs #3 Ohio State/#6 Boise State Winner
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  2. #2

    Default Re: National duals pairings released .

    INteresting, Russ. the only seeding that surprises me is tOSU being seeded #3. I think that they take NU and although it would be an upset, they have a chance with the other OSU.
    Iowa comes out easily as does Cornell. Minny may struggle with Michigan.....(and my Badgers, don't even belong there, but who was to know just had bad this season would be)
    Q: do losing teams continue to have matches, or is it lose one and go home?
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

  3. #3

    Default Re: National duals pairings released .

    Every team wrestles at least twice I read but they don't wrestle for third place?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  4. #4

    Default Re: National duals pairings released .

    Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Every team wrestles at least twice I read but they don't wrestle for third place?
    Yes, according to what I read the championship pairings go as normal and the only consolation is for 5th & 6th places.

    For one reason, I'm pulling for tOSU to beat Nebraska. I want to see Stieber against Oliver!

  5. #5

    Default Re: National duals pairings released .

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post

    For one reason, I'm pulling for tOSU to beat Nebraska. I want to see Stieber against Oliver!
    Exactly. I'm at least throwing produce at Manning if they beat Ohio State again.....rotten produce.

  6. #6
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: National duals pairings released .

    Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Every team wrestles at least twice I read but they don't wrestle for third place?
    Aparently the /bye counts as a match-so Michigan , Nebraska ,etc.-only wrestled once.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  7. #7
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: National duals pairings released .

    yup
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  8. #8
    NCAA Champ WhippetGrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moved to Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    1,281

    Default Re: National duals pairings released .

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    These are from Earl at DI-thanks.


    National Duals Pairings Released

    « Thread Started Yesterday at 8:00pm »
    More thoughts/comments later, but here are the matchups:

    Rutgers Regional

    #1 Minnesota vs #5 Rutgers/#4 Kent State Winner
    #2 Michigan vs #3 Missouri/#6 Cal Poly Winner

    Cornell Regional

    #1 Cornell vs #5 Purdue/#4 Central Michigan Winner
    #2 Illinois vs # 3 Oklahoma/#6 American Winner

    Iowa State Regional

    #1 Iowa vs #5 Northern Iowa/#4 Virginia Tech Winner
    #2 Oregon State vs #3 Iowa State/#6 Wisconsin Winner

    Oklahoma State Regional

    #1 Oklahoma State vs #5 Chattanooga/#4 Wyoming Winner
    #2 Nebraska vs #3 Ohio State/#6 Boise State Winner
    Anyone know how these were selected? Why is tOSU going out West? They should have been going East.

    How many advance? 4 from each for 16 at the Nationals?
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

  9. #9

    Default Re: National duals pairings released .

    Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    Anyone know how these were selected? Why is tOSU going out West? They should have been going East.

    How many advance? 4 from each for 16 at the Nationals?


    Top team comes out of each regional for a National Championship Quad.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •