I've sort of taken it as my duty on this board to talk about the things that most of you probably don't care about. So today I'm going to embrace that role and share with you Ten Random Observations From the Big 10s.
1. Before the tournament started Saturday morning, Schwab and Slaton were working out hard at the Bryce Jordan Center. They were practicing moves on each other and both were completely drenched in sweat.
2. Tsirtsis got his hair cut. Oh, and his mom was there. Haven't seen (heard) her in the crowd in a while.
3. The national anthem was sung by an a cappella quartet (same group that sang it at the Penn St-Iowa dual a couple weeks ago). They were excellent.
4. Jay Borschel and Dan Dennis are still rocking the porn mustaches.
5. The Ohio State wrestlers are unnaturally tan.
6. I finally discovered who that guy is that LoSt uses on his avatar. All this time, I thought it was really LoSt.
7. After Beatty's win in the consolation round, Ironside was doing his radio commentary standing up, talking with his hands -- totally into it, very intense.
8. Jake Herbert's grandmother calls him "Jakers." Oh, and the Herbert Clan's purple t-shirts said "Jake Herbert: Putting the laughter in manslaughter."
9. Attendance for each session was 4,000+ (I think around 4,400 for the finals).
10. If you were there and didn't get yourself some of the Creamery ice cream, you really missed out.