Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 245

Thread: Penn State Vs Iowa Predictions/Discussion

  1. #19
    NCAA Champ BlueBloodLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The same planet as you
    Posts
    1,013

    Default Re: Penn State Vs Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Chop - I be happy to bet dinner anywhere of your choice in State College on the Taylor match. I don't see him not getting bonus points (unless there is an injury).

    I would not bet against Telford however - I think (disappointingly) you might have the right call on that one.

  2. #20

    Default Re: Penn State Vs Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Chop - I be happy to bet dinner anywhere of your choice in State College on the Taylor match. I don't see him not getting bonus points (unless there is an injury).

    I would not bet against Telford however - I think (disappointingly) you might have the right call on that one.
    As I posted earlier, I think it will come down to 197-Hwt. I think Iowa needs to win both to win the dual. It's strange but Iowa has the veteran at 197 and PSU the veteran at Hwt. But I think PSU has the better shot at 197 and Iowa possibly at Hwt. I'm still picking Wade, but he always makes me nervous. His won today at Wisconsin was underwhelming. He did beat a promising McMullan on Friday, but even there as I listened I wasn't overly confident. I'm glad Iowa doesn't have a big 197 pounder. I think it's at that weight that we clinch the dual. But--you never know!

    I am quite confident of a DT major over Evans.

  3. #21

    Default Re: Penn State Vs Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    McD WMD
    Ramos WMD
    Montell wbd
    Frank WMD
    Dsj wbd
    Taylor wtf
    Ruth WMD
    Wright WMD
    Mm wbd
    Wade wbd
    Iowa 14 PSU 22.

    Ouch..

    Doesn't matter if MM BP's. Even if McD Ramos and MM all pin they still lose...Of course if Iowa get's one upset(where they'll get it I have no clue) and Telford wins, Iowa wins.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #22

    Default Re: Penn State Vs Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    I obviously know that my Evans only giving up a DEC to Taylor is an upset in itself. I just really think he is wrestling tough right now and going back home (east) will give him some fire. He HAS notice I said HAS the potential to ride DT if given the opportunity. It is DT weakest area and Evans strongest area.

    Molinaro just never shows up when I get to watch him. I can't count how many times he was predicted to score bonus points and fails to do so. I am a believer in history repeating itself and don't have any proof to change my opinion. Frank will blow open a big lead in the 1st period but do something stupid like ride him for 4min and fall short of bonus by 1pt.

    Ruth is a beast but Lofthouse is no slouch either. If I recall it was a close match the last time they wrestled which was NCAA. I just don't see Ruth getting more than a MD here. Ruth will win but I just don't see a TF or Fall.

    Wright is better than Wagner no question. Wagner is mentally tougher than Wright. Vinny has a huge gas tank which Wright seems to never have until end of season. Wagner has no chance to win this match but if he can escape the 1st period down by 5 or less it will be to Wagner's advantage. He will MD Wagner
    Last edited by Chop; 01-15-2012 at 08:18 PM.

  5. #23

    Default Re: Penn State Vs Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    I obviously know that my Evans only giving up a DEC to Taylor is an upset in itself. I just really think he is wrestling tough right now and going back home (east) will give him some fire. He HAS notice I said HAS the potential to ride DT if given the opportunity. It is DT weakest area and Evans strongest area.

    Molinaro just never shows up when I get to watch him. I can't count how many times he was predicted to score bonus points and fails to do so. I am a believer in history repeating itself and don't have any proof to change my opinion. Frank will blow open a big lead in the 1st period but do something stupid like ride him for 4min and fall short of bonus by 1pt.

    Ruth is a beast but Lofthouse is no slouch either. If I recall it was a close match the last time they wrestled which was NCAA. I just don't see Ruth getting more than a MD here. Ruth will win but I just don't see a TF or Fall.

    Wright is better than Wagner no question. Wagner is mentally tougher than Wright. Vinny has a huge gas tank which Wright seems to never have until end of season. Wagner has no chance to win this match but if he can escape the 1st period down by 5 or less it will be to Wagner's advantage. He will MD Wagner
    We've all seen how much Wright has been affected by his lack of mental toughness...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

  6. #24

    Default Re: Penn State Vs Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Iowa 14 PSU 22.

    Ouch..

    Doesn't matter if MM BP's. Even if McD Ramos and MM all pin they still lose...Of course if Iowa get's one upset(where they'll get it I have no clue) and Telford wins, Iowa wins.
    I have a ton of respect for Iowa, they were in most people's minds the underdogs last year and they came into State College and really took it to PSU, I hope your predictions are correct, but I think Iowa is more than capable of giving PSU a really tough fight.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

  7. #25

    Default Re: Penn State Vs Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    It will be a tough fight, but it'll take an upset that I can't predict for it to go the hawks way
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  8. #26

    Default Re: Penn State Vs Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    Wagner is mentally tougher than Wright.
    LOL...

    Why do I have the feeling that this is a not so thinly veiled attempt to bait me?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  9. #27

    Default Re: Penn State Vs Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    [

    Quote Originally Posted by burnsie1983 View Post
    We've all seen how much Wright has been affected by his lack of mental toughness...
    Being mentally weak leads to inconsistancy which pretty much describes QW. We don't see DT beating great kids then coming back and losing to nobodies.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •