OK, since I have no life I decided to do not such a quick analysis of the Midlands pre-seeds vs the Scuffle brackets (http://www.thesouthernscuffle.com/im...rn_Scuffle.pdf).
I used the latest Intermat rankings as the baseline to compare the two fields. I know you might get somewhat different results if you use a different ranking source, but that's how I did it.
IMHO it's not even close. The Midlands brackets are much deeper at most weight classes and there are a few that are totally lopsided (125, 133, 149, 165, 197 and HWT) in favor of the Midlands. Obviously there are some excellent wrestlers in the Scuffle, but the depth of the brackets aren't close.
Intermat rankings are in parenthesis, wrestlers are listed in seeding order. I only list those wrestlers that are ranked, so some weight classes do not have all seeds listed.
1. Jesse Delgado, Illinois (6)
2. Matt McDonough, Iowa (2)
3. Jarrod Patterson, Oklahoma (5)
4. Levi Mele, Northwestern (8)
5. Ryak Finch, Iowa State (11)
6. Trent Sprenkle, North Dakota State (16)
7. Joe Roth, Central Michigan (18)
8. Jared Germaine, Eastern Michigan (19)
Shane Gentry, Maryland (20)
1. Sanders, Minnesota (1)
2. Waters, Missouri (3)
3. Perrelli, Cornell (7)
4. Bonanno, Hofstra (12)
5. Snyder, Virginia (9)
6. Megaludis, Penn State (13)
1. Tony Ramos, Iowa (2)
2. Devin Carter, Virginia Tech (4)
3. AJ Schopp, Edinboro (8)
4. BJ Futrell, Illinois (7)