Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 42

Thread: Ok St vs Iowa St

  1. #10

    Default Re: Ok St vs Iowa St

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I doubt KJ will be around to see those days .
    A competent athletic director does not bounce a coach in Year 3 (particularly in a non-revenue sport) absent a major NCAA violation...that being said, the Iowa State Athletic Director does not qualify as competent, so that's a distinct possibility.

    I had one Division I assistant tell me over last weekend (before the ODU dual) that they didn't think Iowa State will win a dual meet all year. While I disagree with his assessment (in part because Iowa State has had to wrestle with patchwork lineups due to short-term injuries, and in part because Northern Iowa is in a very parallel predicament to Iowa State talentwise, in that UNI's hold on the #2 spot in the WWC might be in jeopardy this year), he did correctly recognize that the Cyclones' dual meet schedule from that point forward is absolutely brutal, and lacking in cupcakes.

    Iowa State probably has two chances left to get a dual meet win: January 3rd in Tempe, and February 3rd in Cedar Falls.

  2. #11

    Default Re: Ok St vs Iowa St

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    With all due respect Flop, I don't think youve been following them very closely if you don't think their "excuses" are legit. The team was stripped down to just about nothing after KJ's first season. There was nothing left. Kids transferred and almost all of Caels recruits backed out. KJ had to start over after the first season. It may have taken him a year to figure out the recruiting but now he is getting the hang of it and getting some damn good kids to commit to ISU. The team wrestles hard they just don't have much talent in their reserves. They don't have a deep team. They will. Time will make this team good again. KJ has got the ship headed in the right direction. It may not show in dual results right now. In a year or two you will see a completely different team.
    No argument whatsoever with your analysis. In fact, it's so spot-on, I have absolutely nothing to add.

  3. #12

    Default Re: Ok St vs Iowa St

    Did I read somewhere a while back that Caldwell is transferring to Iowa St (from Nebraska) after his RS year? If so, he would be an instant major producer. Not to mention all of the other recent recruits. You Iowa guys know KJ a lot better than I do, but I can't imagine someone with his credentials being sacked this early in light of all that has happened to his team.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Ok St vs Iowa St

    Quote Originally Posted by burnsie1983 View Post
    184: Chris Perry (OSU) Dec. Boaz Beard (ISU) 9-2
    That's a nice gap that Perry put on Beard who had wrestled very tough so far this year.

    Hard to tell for sure after just one match, but this is promising evidence towards Jordan Oliver Summer Camp attendance.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  5. #14

    Default Re: Ok St vs Iowa St

    Sorenson and Bailey exchanged 1 and 2 point wins last year. I thought this 5-1 victory for Sorenson made a statement.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  6. #15

    Default Re: Ok St vs Iowa St

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I consider KJ to be a second tier coach, like Sanderson, so I'm not expecting a quick transformation. He doesn't have he game that Brands, Koll, or Smith has.
    I don't think KJ is a top notch coach yet either, but that doesnt mean he isnt doing good things. This is his first college head coaching position. He's learning and many of us can see the progression that the team is making. He's getting better and the team will be back with the big dogs soon enough. The effects of Sandersons departure are still being felt.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  7. #16

    Default Re: Ok St vs Iowa St

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    That's a nice gap that Perry put on Beard who had wrestled very tough so far this year.

    Hard to tell for sure after just one match, but this is promising evidence towards Jordan Oliver Summer Camp attendance.
    At least two of Perrys TD's were off of shots by Beard in which he got in deep but then got sloppy and basically ended up giving a TD to Perry. I wouldnt say that Perry was the aggressor or even that he is the better wrestler. He was last night, but I think it has more to do with Beards inexperience at this level than it did with Perrys superior wrestling.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  8. #17

    Default Re: Ok St vs Iowa St

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Did I read somewhere a while back that Caldwell is transferring to Iowa St (from Nebraska) after his RS year? If so, he would be an instant major producer. Not to mention all of the other recent recruits. You Iowa guys know KJ a lot better than I do, but I can't imagine someone with his credentials being sacked this early in light of all that has happened to his team.
    I don't think Tyler ever enrolled at Nebraska. He is taking his year this year and I think he's spending the bulk of his time at the OTC. He's been at ISU a couple of times to train as he is good friends and high school teammates with Boaz Beard. It is only rumor that he is heading to Ames, but with all the time he has spent there this year I think theres a good chance. It would be nice to add Caldwell and McCauley to the lineup next season.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  9. #18

    Default Re: Ok St vs Iowa St

    Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Sorenson and Bailey exchanged 1 and 2 point wins last year. I thought this 5-1 victory for Sorenson made a statement.
    I didnt see Bailey take one shot. Sorenson took about a dozen. Andrew looked very good.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •