View Poll Results: Who's Career Would You Choose?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darrion "Metcalf-Slayer" Caldwell

    8 30.77%
  • Bubba "Take THAT, Cael" Jenkins

    18 69.23%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 62

Thread: Who's Career Would you Rather Have: Darrion Caldwell or Bubba Jenkins

  1. #10

    Default Re: Who's Career Would you Rather Have: Darrion Caldwell or Bubba Jenkins

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I don't know if you can call Bubba's win over Taylor an upset. At that moment Bubba was a two time finalist and Taylor was a freshman. They had never met so you almost have to give the favorite status has to go to Bubba imo.

    I would have taken Bubba's. It's always better to go out on top. Plus I'd assume the girls at Arizona State are much better looking than the girls at North Carolina State.
    Herkey--I hate to disagree with you. But as good as Bubba can be at times, there's no way he went into the finals as a favorite. Taylor had gone through an undefeated monster season, and had just demolished Fittery (who some were picking for the Hodge Award) and Bubba had squeaked by Welch. Bubba had lost a couple of times to Hall last year (although granted he had an impressive all-star major win over him). Nobody had come close to Taylor all last year. So--even though Bubba had beaten Taylor once when Taylor was a RS freshman, most observers would have had Taylor as a significant favorite. Now I agree that you never know what you're going to get with Bubba--and when he's on he is VERY good. But I don't think many had Bubba as their favorite going into the finals. Just MHO.

  2. #11

    Default Re: Who's Career Would you Rather Have: Darrion Caldwell or Bubba Jenkins

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Herkey--I hate to disagree with you. But as good as Bubba can be at times, there's no way he went into the finals as a favorite. Taylor had gone through an undefeated monster season, and had just demolished Fittery (who some were picking for the Hodge Award) and Bubba had squeaked by Welch. Bubba had lost a couple of times to Hall last year (although granted he had an impressive all-star major win over him). Nobody had come close to Taylor all last year. So--even though Bubba had beaten Taylor once when Taylor was a RS freshman, most observers would have had Taylor as a significant favorite. Now I agree that you never know what you're going to get with Bubba--and when he's on he is VERY good. But I don't think many had Bubba as their favorite going into the finals. Just MHO.
    Correction--I miswrote that. Taylor was a true freshman, but redshirting when Bubba beat him.

  3. #12

    Default Re: Who's Career Would you Rather Have: Darrion Caldwell or Bubba Jenkins

    I think Caldwell was the better wrestler overall, but last years results force me to vote for Jenkins, there is no comparison between going out on top or ending your season with an injury default.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Who's Career Would you Rather Have: Darrion Caldwell or Bubba Jenkins

    I don't even know how much of a case could really be made for DC at this point other than his head to head win over Bubba.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  5. #14

    Default Re: Who's Career Would you Rather Have: Darrion Caldwell or Bubba Jenkins

    I voted for Bubba. I would rather have two finals appearances than one title and one 5th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

  6. #15

    Default Re: Who's Career Would you Rather Have: Darrion Caldwell or Bubba Jenkins

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I don't even know how much of a case could really be made for DC at this point other than his head to head win over Bubba.
    Actually, Vais, I think you got it backwards. Bubba beat DC in the only time they wrestled--something like 9-7 in the 2008 149 semis.

  7. #16

    Default Re: Who's Career Would you Rather Have: Darrion Caldwell or Bubba Jenkins

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Actually, Vais, I think you got it backwards. Bubba beat DC in the only time they wrestled--something like 9-7 in the 2008 149 semis.
    Oh wait, yeah I knew that...

    Ok so what case can be made for Caldwell?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  8. #17

    Default Re: Who's Career Would you Rather Have: Darrion Caldwell or Bubba Jenkins

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Oh wait, yeah I knew that...

    Ok so what case can be made for Caldwell?
    Beating Metcalf is more impressive than beating Taylor.

  9. #18
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: Who's Career Would you Rather Have: Darrion Caldwell or Bubba Jenkins

    Is Caldwell still competing?
    Add a world team or Olympic team to his resume and I'll take Caldwell.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •