Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 140

Thread: Who is going to underachieve next year?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Who is going to underachieve next year?

    We have already talked plenty about who our breakout wrestlers are going to be, but who are going to be the Mack Lewnes's, the Darrion Caldwell's, and other good to great wrestlers who through injury or just plain choking are gonna dissapoint us this season? I would say Benefiel again but my expectations for him are already pretty low. So I'll just through a random name out there, Ryan Flores.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  2. #2

    Default Re: Who is going to underachieve next year?

    I'll go out on a limb and predict Andrew Long will not even make the starting line up

  3. #3

    Default Re: Who is going to underachieve next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by RD149-2 View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and predict Andrew Long will not even make the starting line up
    lol

    A lot of people are huge on Megaludis - if he wrestles this year, I don't think he'll AA. He goes hard and I don't question his dedication, but I've never been all that impressed with his technique. I don't doubt his ability to become an NCAA champ eventually, but I just don't see him doing as well as projected by some this year (if he doesn't redshirt).
    Am I cool now?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Who is going to underachieve next year?

    Virginia Tech as a team I think. Also Devin Carter, I picked him as a break out guy but I'm picking him as a guy that disappoints again and goes round of 12, and I'll go ahead and throw Garnett, Dong, Yates and Stephens in there to as guys that have the potential to AA and have been mentioned as break out guys and low ball AA's previously and have the same amount of potential to disappoint.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Who is going to underachieve next year?

    Ed Ruth. I am sure he will AA, but I think people are expecting a National Championship.

  6. #6
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Who is going to underachieve next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Ed Ruth. I am sure he will AA, but I think people are expecting a National Championship.
    Wager?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Who is going to underachieve next year?

    KR 1963: I'm with you. All Ed Ruth did last year was wrestle extremely well. He's stronger and quicker than anyone at the weight and after losing to the underrated (and very tough 2xAA) Amuchastegui, he came back for third. I don't see him any lower this year and he has obvious finalist potential. In fact, his biggest obstacle will probably be the guy I just mentioned.

    Everyone wants to poke holes in PSU but they really have four guys that can win it all--Taylor, Ruth, Wright and Molinaro. What's working against them is Cael training for the Olympics and just the unlikelihood that all will go well for all four throughout the season esp. injuries.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Who is going to underachieve next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by silvermedal View Post
    KR 1963: I'm with you. All Ed Ruth did last year was wrestle extremely well. He's stronger and quicker than anyone at the weight and after losing to the underrated (and very tough 2xAA) Amuchastegui, he came back for third. I don't see him any lower this year and he has obvious finalist potential. In fact, his biggest obstacle will probably be the guy I just mentioned.

    Everyone wants to poke holes in PSU but they really have four guys that can win it all--Taylor, Ruth, Wright and Molinaro. What's working against them is Cael training for the Olympics and just the unlikelihood that all will go well for all four throughout the season esp. injuries.
    Ed Ruth will need more heart if he is going to win a title. You cant be a quitter and a champion.......hahaha.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Who is going to underachieve next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Wager?
    I will wager that he doesn't win a national championship this year. What's the bet?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •