Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 73

Thread: Morgan Mcintosh

  1. #19
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Morgan Mcintosh

    Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Hey KR do you know does Morgan plan to take a RS at all?
    In the interviews earlier in the spring/summer with him he stated that he would take a RS. Then it has become "the coaches just want me to get better"...take yer pick.

  2. #20

    Default Re: Morgan Mcintosh

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Um, WHAT?
    It was a poorly worded sentence but I was referring to Snackem asserting that he(Morgan) could start over Quentin. Please don't read any other of my posts so I don't have to explain them all..
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  3. #21

    Default Re: Morgan Mcintosh

    Since none of us knows for sure what PSU will be doing with McIntosh and 174-197 in general, I'll weigh in with my few thoughts. I really can't see McIntosh wrestling at 197 this year for PSU. Yes, it would make them a stronger team for an NCAA title, but it would pretty much throw away a year of his eligibility in terms of being AA/title threat. If he only weighed 201 when wrestling at 215 last weekend, he's too small right now for 197. I believe Quentin has gotten a good bit higher than that. I strongly suspect he will RS this year. If not, then it would mean that Quentin goes up to 197 and he wrestles at 184 which I feel he could be pretty competitive at. But my bet is he RS's this year. If Quentin goes up to 197 I think it will mean Ruth goes up to 184 and one of the other guys (Cowburn/Brown) wrestles at 174.

  4. #22

    Default Re: Morgan Mcintosh

    What did Ruth wrestle in HS? How much is he cutting to make 74?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

  5. #23

    Default Re: Morgan Mcintosh

    He will get into the Penn State room and learn quickly he can't even touch the coach on th mat. The kid is good, but this is High School.

  6. #24
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Morgan Mcintosh

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    It was a poorly worded sentence but I was referring to Snackem asserting that he(Morgan) could start over Quentin. Please don't read any other of my posts so I don't have to explain them all..
    peut-?tre vous ne devriez pas ?crire la mani?re dont Yoda parle

  7. #25
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Morgan Mcintosh

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Since none of us knows for sure what PSU will be doing with McIntosh and 174-197 in general, I'll weigh in with my few thoughts. I really can't see McIntosh wrestling at 197 this year for PSU. Yes, it would make them a stronger team for an NCAA title, but it would pretty much throw away a year of his eligibility in terms of being AA/title threat. If he only weighed 201 when wrestling at 215 last weekend, he's too small right now for 197. I believe Quentin has gotten a good bit higher than that. I strongly suspect he will RS this year. If not, then it would mean that Quentin goes up to 197 and he wrestles at 184 which I feel he could be pretty competitive at. But my bet is he RS's this year. If Quentin goes up to 197 I think it will mean Ruth goes up to 184 and one of the other guys (Cowburn/Brown) wrestles at 174.
    There has been a lot of word out of SC the past 2 weeks that they are NOT moving up. A poll I posted on BWI had over 60% of the readers picking a ruth wright mcintosh line up.

  8. #26

    Default Re: Morgan Mcintosh

    " If he only weighed 201 when wrestling at 215 last weekend, he's too small right now for 197."

    The Russians turn out some pretty good wrestlers who do not cut weigh. Yes, still High School competition as I posted, but maybe he can make the grade? He'll find out reality fast in the Penn State room rolling around with Cael at 184 and in condition.
    He looks good, but so many others have through the years. Hope he can keep improving and set some records as a Penn State wrestler. Anything that brings in more fans and is positive is good for the sport - and we see what Cael & Co have done for Penn State wrestling already.

  9. #27
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Morgan Mcintosh

    Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    What did Ruth wrestle in HS? How much is he cutting to make 74?
    In the interview I did with him this winter, he said he would prefer to be at 184 where it would not be much of a cut for him. RS year he was at 184. In HS he was 171 HS Junior National Champ.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •