Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 46 to 54 of 54

Thread: Gulibon verbals to PSU

  1. #46

    Default Re: Gulibon verbals to PSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I find it shocking that you would pick the star wrestler on your favorite team to win in a rematch. They can give Taylor and Metcalf the "All Their Fans Think They Would Win the Rematch from Their NCAA Finals Loss" Championship. The match happened. That's it. There was no evidence in that match to suggest Taylor would definitely win a rematch. None.

    And if the sum total of each wrestlers careers was ONE single match, then that may be pertinent, however each have wrestled a lot of matches. It's not that rare for a wrestler to get caught and stuck. So to say you say no evidence from THAT match, well, it's a little disingenuous.

    What about the rest of their careers thus far? You see any evidence from those matches? I think most would agree that there are a lot of reasons to think that DT wins in a rematch. I think most who don't have a personal stake in it would agree...they don't really care that much either though.
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

  2. #47

    Default Re: Gulibon verbals to PSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger84 View Post
    I think most would agree that there are a lot of reasons to think that DT wins in a rematch.
    Has DT ever beaten him in a scored match? I know DT lost in one of the intrasquad matches, but I'm not close enough to the program to know.

  3. #48

    Default Re: Gulibon verbals to PSU

    http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage...lor-Penn-State

    Not like it was the only time they wrestled Ranger.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #49
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Gulibon verbals to PSU

    From my experiance busts are more likely to come from 2nd tier states such as Virginia, Indiana, and Texas. I can bring up a couple names to support my argument but the memories are too painful haha. I never take heed when a top 5 wrestler comes out of say New Hampshire. There are always exceptions though.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  5. #50

    Default Re: Gulibon verbals to PSU

    Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    From my experiance busts are more likely to come from 2nd tier states such as Virginia, Indiana, and Texas. I can bring up a couple names to support my argument but the memories are too painful haha. I never take heed when a top 5 wrestler comes out of say New Hampshire. There are always exceptions though.
    I know that VA has had their share of busts, but if you are referring to the Frishkorns, Daniel was in a bad car wreck that ended his career(after he placed 4th in ncaas) and Jordan I believe had his own health problems that derailed his career as well.

    You can bring up Bond and Gardner and Id agree, but knowing your allegiances Im not sure thats who you were referring to.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  6. #51
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Gulibon verbals to PSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger84 View Post
    And if the sum total of each wrestlers careers was ONE single match, then that may be pertinent, however each have wrestled a lot of matches. It's not that rare for a wrestler to get caught and stuck. So to say you say no evidence from THAT match, well, it's a little disingenuous.

    What about the rest of their careers thus far? You see any evidence from those matches? I think most would agree that there are a lot of reasons to think that DT wins in a rematch. I think most who don't have a personal stake in it would agree...they don't really care that much either though.
    What personal stake do I have? Whether David Taylor won or lost that match had no effect on me or my team, Penn State had already locked up the title. And they have wrestled more than once, and Bubba won then, too. Like I said, evidence. But I'm sure David Taylor's win over Johnny Greisheimer is much more relevant than head to head results.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #52
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Gulibon verbals to PSU

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I know that VA has had their share of busts, but if you are referring to the Frishkorns, Daniel was in a bad car wreck that ended his career(after he placed 4th in ncaas) and Jordan I believe had his own health problems that derailed his career as well.

    You can bring up Bond and Gardner and Id agree, but knowing your allegiances Im not sure thats who you were referring to.
    I have nothing but respect for the Frishkorns. Daniel was one of my favorite wrestlers to watch back in '05. Even after the car wreck he attempted a comeback but just couldn't pull it off. I was thinking more of the Ashmores and Clay Kehrer
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  8. #53

    Default Re: Gulibon verbals to PSU

    Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    I have nothing but respect for the Frishkorns. Daniel was one of my favorite wrestlers to watch back in '05. Even after the car wreck he attempted a comeback but just couldn't pull it off. I was thinking more of the Ashmores and Clay Kehrer
    Got it.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  9. #54
    NCAA Champ BlueBloodLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The same planet as you
    Posts
    1,029

    Default Re: Gulibon verbals to PSU

    In the hope that it helps dissolve the argument - I am a Penn State fan who think Bubba was likely to take the next match as well. The only people who gave him real trouble this year were guys (especially athletic ones) that liked taking open shots rather than tying up and setting up from in close. That is exactly Bubba Jenkins. If they had wrestled 10 more times this season, I think Bubba takes 2 of the first 3 matches, then DT probably takes at least 5 of the next 7. I think Taylor would learn from his mistakes and improve more than Bubba.

    However, that assumes that Bubba is actually motivated for the match (plus continues to go to class and feels like making weight). These are pretty big question marks.

    But since everything I have written will never happen, let's let it go. They won't wrestle again. Bubba's "open shots" are more likely to be with Mr. Hennessey than Mr. Taylor.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •