Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 22

Thread: 2011 Recruiting Classes: Final Rankings

  1. #10
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: 2011 Recruiting Classes: Final Rankings

    As to my theory of the last3 weights being deep in the big 10 -these are off the top of my head-
    184-Wright,Rutt,Steinhaus,Gambrall,Ihnen,Kissell,Munst er
    197-Powless ,Borlie,Yohn,Dickenson,Byers,Capone,
    285-Nelson,Lane,Wade,Telford,Apland,Rizqallah/Mc Mullen northwestern kid

    To anyone who knows guys I've missed please add to the list.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  2. #11

    Default Re: 2011 Recruiting Classes: Final Rankings

    Any chance McIntosh wrestles at 197 this year for Penn St, or is he definitely going to RS?

  3. #12
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: 2011 Recruiting Classes: Final Rankings

    I keep hearing RS.

  4. #13

    Default Re: 2011 Recruiting Classes: Final Rankings

    Im anxious to see how VA boy Borlie does now that he will finally start.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  5. #14

    Default Re: 2011 Recruiting Classes: Final Rankings

    Russ, I don't think it's set in stone that Telford gets the nod over Blake. He may but I think as of this moment the spot is still Blakes. He was the Big Ten champ, just took a dump at nationals.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  6. #15

    Default Re: 2011 Recruiting Classes: Final Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Russ, I don't think it's set in stone that Telford gets the nod over Blake. He may but I think as of this moment the spot is still Blakes. He was the Big Ten champ, just took a dump at nationals.
    Blake was far from a pillar of consistency this year. Yes he won the big 10, but he also "took a dump" In the first half of the year as well starting 13-5. Had a nice Big 10 season, then took another dump at NCAAs.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  7. #16
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: 2011 Recruiting Classes: Final Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Russ, I don't think it's set in stone that Telford gets the nod over Blake. He may but I think as of this moment the spot is still Blakes. He was the Big Ten champ, just took a dump at nationals.
    Herk,
    I just keep hearing Telford is going to tear up the world at 285-I left Chalfant off the list but he is for real.There is a video of him winning the state in Indiana and he is a physical speciman. Placed 3rd at JUCO'S for Harper and played football at Western Kentucky.
    Is Nate Moore EVER going to break into Iowa's line up?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  8. #17

    Default Re: 2011 Recruiting Classes: Final Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Herk,
    I just keep hearing Telford is going to tear up the world at 285-I left Chalfant off the list but he is for real.There is a video of him winning the state in Indiana and he is a physical speciman. Placed 3rd at JUCO'S for Harper and played football at Western Kentucky.
    Is Nate Moore EVER going to break into Iowa's line up?

    I agree. Telford may get his chance this year, but I think as of right now the job is still Rasings. Would be nice for Telford to be a world beater of Mocco's magnitude as a freshman.

    Who knows about Nate Moore? He might end up being our 133lber this year. I heard we've got about four different guys that might get that spot and end up being AA's.

    What do ya say VA? Nate Moore makin it this year or not?
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  9. #18

    Default Re: 2011 Recruiting Classes: Final Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I agree. Telford may get his chance this year, but I think as of right now the job is still Rasings. Would be nice for Telford to be a world beater of Mocco's magnitude as a freshman.

    Who knows about Nate Moore? He might end up being our 133lber this year. I heard we've got about four different guys that might get that spot and end up being AA's.

    What do ya say VA? Nate Moore makin it this year or not?
    In my estimation Bobby still needs a leg attack takedown, but I'm sure that's being addressed. I think it will be a very tough decision for the staff to make and will come down to how things go at opens. Telford obviously offers more in the bonus point department and has a higher ceiling.

    I am glad you deferred to me Herkey RE Nate Moore, as you have a bit too much involved emotionally.

    I see no reason he would start this year.

    It's the exact same situation as the year before. Ramos, Clark, Moore. Howd that go for him last time? Continual reports of him not "buying in" emerge from the room. Meanwhile Ramos has had a very busy spring wrestling all the time and working hard. Factor that in with Tony having a fairly successful freshmen year I'd say he's the starter again barring injury.

    If Mcd goes 33 obviously the likelihood diminishes even further that we'll ever see him.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •