Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 54 of 181

Thread: The Truth about Cael ? By Willyman on DI

  1. #46

    Default Re: The Truth about Cael ? By Willyman on DI

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    I have accepted the FACT that anything positive about PSU and/or Cael (esp the latter) WILL BE contradicted, diminished or discounted by 99% (ok maybe 98%) of Hawk fans...

    1) Anything he has done as a Coach is DESERVED of Criticism;
    2) Anything he has done in a positive fashion is never as good as anything someone else has done;
    3) Criticizing Anything Hawkeyes have done is deserving of capital punishment or character assassination;
    4) All praise of Hawkeye activities is certainly deserved & worthy of a kow-tow & genuflect & worship...
    You have to expect it. Everyone hates a winner. That is why people hate the Yankees, Pete Rose, Iowa Hawkeyes and now Penn State and Cael. I hope for the days, no.....I pray for the days when you all hate Tom Ryan and the real OSU!!!!

  2. #47

    Default Re: The Truth about Cael ? By Willyman on DI

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    I can tell you for a fact that Cael wasn't recruited by PSU. He called them in the 11thhour, when PSU already had their hire in place.
    Can you elaborate?

    Sanderson, who was hand-picked to lead the Cyclones, decided to leave Iowa State and accepted an offer to become the head wrestling coach at Penn State University. He replaces Troy Sunderland, who resigned April 4 after coaching the Nittany Lions for 11 seasons.

    Sanderson was contacted by Penn State officials last week, which led to two interviews this week including one Thursday which led to reports of Sanderson being on the State College, Pa., campus.

    He consulted people he trusted at the start of the process, taking some advice from his dad and high school coach, Steve.

    ?He said why not listen,? Sanderson said. ?They flew in and I met with them. It became more intriguing.?
    Posted on April 17, 2009 by kjpilcher
    http://iowamats.wordpress.com/2009/0...nn-state-post/

  3. #48
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Locust Grove, VA
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: The Truth about Cael ? By Willyman on DI

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    I have accepted the FACT that anything positive about PSU and/or Cael (esp the latter) WILL BE contradicted, diminished or discounted by 99% (ok maybe 98%) of Hawk fans...

    1) Anything he has done as a Coach is DESERVED of Criticism;
    2) Anything he has done in a positive fashion is never as good as anything someone else has done;
    3) Criticizing Anything Hawkeyes have done is deserving of capital punishment or character assassination;
    4) All praise of Hawkeye activities is certainly deserved & worthy of a kow-tow & genuflect & worship...
    97%, Coach Sanderson followed the best career path for him. The Penn St. program is a source of pride and growth for wrestling. They looked great winning the nationals and we look forward to stopping that streak at one. All the Best, Hawkeye fan...

  4. #49

    Default Re: The Truth about Cael ? By Willyman on DI

    pm01,

    How dare you question Kr when he has said something and not not backed it up! It doesnt matter that you have an article written by a highly respected journalist to back up your point. Kr has a blog man! You need to accept what he says as fact no matter what. I'm sure Kr has regular meetings with Cael to talk about the finer details of his departure from ISU. While we here in Iowa have no clue as to what happened.

    Sheesh. Half the Penn St fans didn't even know wrestling existed at Penn St until two years ago. Bunch of Johnny come lately bandwagoners.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  5. #50

    Default Re: The Truth about Cael ? By Willyman on DI

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Bubba wanted to go some place warm & he was reunited with his HS coach. Sorry Ames wasn't on the menu.

    People also forget this one fact b/c they looking at the NCAA results but Cael did win 3 consecutive B12 titles. No ISU coach had ever done that. Not Douglas or Nichols. Douglas had finished in the top 5 at the NCAAs in years. Hiring Cael definitely improved ISU's standing at the time. As an AD I think that most of the time that is what you look for, FORWARD MOTION & IMPROVEMENT. Cael gave them that.
    I didn't really mean Bubba was dieing to go to ISU, I really meant that being a 20something year old guy who was just booted out of a program where he was a NCAA Finalist, he had to be a little worried about where he was going to end up...So ISU would've looked pretty good (or at least to me)

  6. #51

    Default Re: The Truth about Cael ? By Willyman on DI

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeake7 View Post
    97%, Coach Sanderson followed the best career path for him. The Penn St. program is a source of pride and growth for wrestling. They looked great winning the nationals and we look forward to stopping that streak at one. All the Best, Hawkeye fan...
    cspeake7--I liked your post. It was homer with class. I also like Quinn's post about no one liking a winner. I'm just surprised that PSU is getting that reaction this early. What--our first national championship in 58 years? We have quite a ways to go before we can be viewed as an overall program like Iowa, Ok St and Minnesota. Hopefully we're on our way there, but we have a ways to go. It's one thing to have a couple of good years, it's another to sustain it over a decade or more.

  7. #52

    Default Re: The Truth about Cael ? By Willyman on DI

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    pm01,

    How dare you question Kr when he has said something and not not backed it up! It doesnt matter that you have an article written by a highly respected journalist to back up your point. Kr has a blog man! You need to accept what he says as fact no matter what. I'm sure Kr has regular meetings with Cael to talk about the finer details of his departure from ISU. While we here in Iowa have no clue as to what happened.

    Sheesh. Half the Penn St fans didn't even know wrestling existed at Penn St until two years ago. Bunch of Johnny come lately bandwagoners.
    Herkey--I'll pass on most of this post, but I don't think you understand the fervor of PSU wrestling fans over the years. We may not cheer quite as loudly as Iowa fans at a meet, and we may not be as numerous overall (although I'm not sure at all about that). But the PSU fan base for wrestling has been strong for a long time! Wrestling is very big in PA. When I wrestled in high school we'd get more out to watch a wrestling match than the basketball team did (this was State College HS). What's new is having a national championship team to root for. You know what that's like! It's fun!

  8. #53

    Default Re: The Truth about Cael ? By Willyman on DI

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    I have accepted the FACT that anything positive about PSU and/or Cael (esp the latter) WILL BE contradicted, diminished or discounted by 99% (ok maybe 98%) of Hawk fans...

    1) Anything he has done as a Coach is DESERVED of Criticism;
    2) Anything he has done in a positive fashion is never as good as anything someone else has done;
    3) Criticizing Anything Hawkeyes have done is deserving of capital punishment or character assassination;
    4) All praise of Hawkeye activities is certainly deserved & worthy of a kow-tow & genuflect & worship...
    This is all true, except for the facetious tone of the post because everything that the PSU coach does do should be under scrutiny.

  9. #54
    NCAA Champ BlueBloodLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The same planet as you
    Posts
    1,029

    Default Re: The Truth about Cael ? By Willyman on DI

    Quote Originally Posted by dback_5 View Post
    This is all true, except for the facetious tone of the post because everything that the PSU coach does do should be under scrutiny.
    Would you care to elaborate as to why? Or is that a blanket statement for all coaches?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •