Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 28 to 36 of 52

Thread: Best Never to win NCAA's 2000-2011 (Full List Posted)

  1. #28

    Default Re: Best Never to win NCAA's 2000-2011 (Full List Posted)

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Nice job JensenS.

    Art-What did Lewis beat Mocco in exactly? The mile?
    Everything. The only one in the room who could beat Tyrone was Branch. Pat could for about 2 minutes and then he got tired.

  2. #29

    Default Re: Best Never to win NCAA's 2000-2011 (Full List Posted)

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Nice job JensenS.

    Art-What did Lewis beat Mocco in exactly? The mile?
    Really not a stretch to believe Lewis could beat Mocco.

  3. #30
    NCAA Champ BlueBloodLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The same planet as you
    Posts
    1,050

    Default Re: Best Never to win NCAA's 2000-2011 (Full List Posted)

    If Dake stays at 149 next year (unlikely), I'd like to nominate Molinaro for this list.

    Sorry Frank...

  4. #31
    National Finalist 1stplace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    801

    Default Re: Best Never to win NCAA's 2000-2011 (Full List Posted)

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    If Dake stays at 149 next year (unlikely), I'd like to nominate Molinaro for this list.

    Sorry Frank...
    I have a feeling Frank won't win next year regardless. That was a pretty depleted weight this year and other than Dake it was pretty smooth sailing for Frank. If Russel moves up that will be something to watch as well. I do agree that he will have one of the better resumes to never win one if he places top 3 again next year without winning.

  5. #32

    Default Re: Best Never to win NCAA's 2000-2011 (Full List Posted)

    Why would russell move up? Hes not that big and basically said weights not an issue
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  6. #33
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Best Never to win NCAA's 2000-2011 (Full List Posted)

    Something interesting about Palmer's NCAA tourneys: Of his 8 losses at NCAA's, 5 were to Schlatter or Metcalf.


  7. #34

    Default Re: Best Never to win NCAA's 2000-2011 (Full List Posted)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    I have a feeling Frank won't win next year regardless. That was a pretty depleted weight this year and other than Dake it was pretty smooth sailing for Frank. If Russel moves up that will be something to watch as well. I do agree that he will have one of the better resumes to never win one if he places top 3 again next year without winning.
    How was it a depleted weight class? His side of the bracket had DeValley and Mason. He almost lost to Mason in the quarters. The other side had Dake and Caldwell. Id say with all the talent Molinaro's surrounded by at PSU he's gotta be a favorite to at least reach the finals next year. Was Russell having a hard time making weight this year? That would be an interesting matchup.

  8. #35

    Default Re: Best Never to win NCAA's 2000-2011 (Full List Posted)

    Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    How was it a depleted weight class? His side of the bracket had DeValley and Mason. He almost lost to Mason in the quarters. The other side had Dake and Caldwell. Id say with all the talent Molinaro's surrounded by at PSU he's gotta be a favorite to at least reach the finals next year. Was Russell having a hard time making weight this year? That would be an interesting matchup.
    Caldwell hadn't wrestled hardly at all this year. The very fact that Mason was having a great season, after the season he had at Minnesota, should indicate a depleted weight class. DeValley sucks...His brother LeValley is pretty good but never set the world on fire. Dake is the only wrestler at 149 this year that I would consider elite. Caldwell from the year before would've been included with Dake but he was just too injured this season.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  9. #36

    Default Re: Best Never to win NCAA's 2000-2011 (Full List Posted)

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    DeValley sucks...His brother LeValley is pretty good but never set the world on fire.
    I think that sums up the depth of the weight class right there.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •