Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 16
Discuss Howe at the College Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; No cardio for 2 months did him in. He was shell of himself, like an ...
  1. #1
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Howe

    No cardio for 2 months did him in. He was shell of himself, like an over age ball player during his last season. Can't wait to see him come roaring back in 2012.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  2. #2
    AA thaxton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    699

    Default Re: Howe

    i would think olympicshirt next year, unless thats what ryou refering to

  3. #3
    Olympic Champ Flop The Nuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,469

    Default Re: Howe

    Maybe Howe has tank issues, but in my opinion he has a hard time creating offense from neutral. He's very strong in countering shots, that seems to be how he scores most often. If the other guy just wants to lock up then Howe seems content to dance around as well.

  4. #4
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Howe

    Quote Originally Posted by thaxton View Post
    i would think olympicshirt next year, unless thats what ryou refering to
    I'm not permitted to engage in that discussion around these parts.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  5. #5
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Howe

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Maybe Howe has tank issues, but in my opinion he has a hard time creating offense from neutral. He's very strong in countering shots, that seems to be how he scores most often. If the other guy just wants to lock up then Howe seems content to dance around as well.
    If not for the two months out he would have hammered Caldwell. There's no question that not be able to work the cardio while he healed impacted his ability. Other than leg injuries you can usually find ways to work the cardio. He couldn't run, ride a bike, nothin, while that leg healed up and it showed at the end of that bout. I think he's hurting more than what shows in the mat. He just hides the leg injury well.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  6. #6
    Olympic Champ Snackem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colfax WA
    Posts
    2,807
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Howe

    Howe still has a RS too doesn't he? Or did he RS already? Not sure if it's allowed but could we see Howe take an Oly RS AND THEN A RS year? Could it be two years before he wrestles again?


    I agree, while you can't fault Caldwell for beating everyone in his path the Andrew Howe of December is a much different and better wrestler. Not having the gas definitely hurt him. It will be interesting to see how he recovers from this and what he is like when he comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

  7. #7
    Olympic Champ quinn14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,748

    Default Re: Howe

    I'll say this. If I had to fight Burroughs or Howe, I would rather fight Burroughs. Getting ko'ed don't hurt. Howe would just maul you like a lion making every second hurt worse than the last. I pity whoever has to wrestle him next year.

    But Burroughs is THE MAN!!

  8. #8
    #1 Homer Herkey#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,688

    Default Re: Howe

    Dback just pointed out that if Theilke, McCauley all wanted to wrestle with Howe after two years of RS, Wiskey would be pretty good, still. Oh and Caldwell from Waverly Shell Rock.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  9. #9
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Howe

    Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    If not for the two months out he would have hammered Caldwell. There's no question that not be able to work the cardio while he healed impacted his ability. Other than leg injuries you can usually find ways to work the cardio. He couldn't run, ride a bike, nothin, while that leg healed up and it showed at the end of that bout. I think he's hurting more than what shows in the mat. He just hides the leg injury well.
    Yeah, it was sad & very unusual seeing Howe run out of gas. Many others with his injury would not have returned. Caldwell is a force though... Howe has not used redshirt and will be interesting to see what happens next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

user tags

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •